3. Three.

Hands.

They were everywhere roaming and groping, reaching out to touch everything they could grasp, tugging at her inside and out all at once.

Tara berated herself for even hearing the words he spoke. It was a fleeting moment of stillness where her limbs froze and her mind went blank. Perhaps it was shock, she reasoned, grasping for excuses to revive her faltering conscience, because there was no way in hell she would ever consider giving in.

"If you want to live, do as we say."

When confronted with such a statement, what does it mean to hesitate? Does it render you complicit in the crime committed against you?

However, Tara didn't get to dwell on this matter for long. Before she realized it, they were all over her.

Their hands held her down while simultaneously ripping her to shreds. She thrashed, screamed, and howled, her cries echoing like those of a wounded and cornered animal. Yet, the hollow sounds fell on deaf ears, resonating through the emptiness of their souls as they callously stripped her naked.

Tara had anticipated another slap or a harsher punishment for giving them a hard time. But they only focused on the task at hand. She was sure they knew what they were doing was harsher than any beating they could ever deliver.

With her clothes nearly torn off of her struggling body, each limb was forcibly pulled, tied, and secured to every corner of the bed. The rope dug into her skin, its grip harsh and unyielding. After checking the knots with one final tug, they released their hold of her. 

Silent droplets slid down her face, tickling her ears as she lay motionless. Resignation consumed her, and she stared dejectedly at the ceiling while they shuffled out, complimenting each other for their work.

Goosebumps covered her body, and the shivers worsened when she heard the door open and click shut not only a few moments after they left. She had no time to even contemplate her predicament.

The footsteps stomped all over her wild heart, their echoes reverberating in her ringing ears as one of them approached. Tara didn't dare move or breathe. She squeezed her eyes shut and simply wished for the ground to split open and swallow her whole.

A cold touch chilled her to the bone. Unlike the previous rough handling, this one was gentle as if the monster couldn't believe she was truly there. Tara tensed as his hand traced the outline of her hip, and her breath hitched when it glided up until his palm pressed her breast.

A whimper betrayed her tightly sealed lips.

"Shush," the man whispered, his breathing hot and heavy as it tickled her face. Bile gathered in her throat at the sensation of his tongue sliding over her mouth, cheek, and ear. His voice strained as he spoke, "Let's have some fun."

Then, the rustling of clothes filled the deafening silence.