➶︎𝟬𝟬𝟰 - 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴➶︎

❉═════✶↷❖↶✶═════❉

➶ 𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗚𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 ➶

❉═════❉

Hiccup opened his front door, his Dad sitting next to the fire place. Hiccup walked into his house, looking at his Dad as he hurried toward the stairs.

As Hiccup attempted to climb up the steps he was stopped by his Dad's voice.

"Hiccup." Stoick said.

"Dad, uh," Hiccup stopped, "I have to talk to you, Dad."

Hiccup climbed back down a few steps so that he was eye level with his Dad, who had walked over.

"I need to speak with you, too, son." Stoick said.

"I don't want to fight dragons." Hiccup said.

"It's time you learn to fight dragons." Stoick said at the same time as Hiccup.

They both looked at each other, "What?"

"Uh, you go first." Stoick told his son.

"No, you go first." Hiccup told his Dad.

Stoick clasped his hands together as he took a breath, "All right. You get your wish. Dragon training. You start in the morning."

"Oh, man, I should have gone first." Hiccup paniced, "Uh, 'cause I was thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough bread-making Vikings or small-home-repair Vikings?"

Stoick picked up an axe, placing it in his son's arms, who struggled to hold the heavy weapon.

"You'll need this." Stoick told the boy.

"I don't want to fight dragons." Hiccup stated.

Stoick laughed, "Come on. Yes, you do."

Stoick turned away from his son intending to walk away when Hiccup spoke again.

"Rephrase. Dad, I can't kill dragons." Hiccup rephrased his words.

Stoick turned back to Hiccup, "But you will kill dragons."

"No, I'm really very extra-sure that I won't." Hiccup said again.

Stoick took a few steps closer to his son, "It's time, Hiccup."

"Can you not hear me?" Hiccup questioned the chief.

"This is serious, son." Stoick told the boy, he picked the axe from the boys arms, "When you carry this axe, you carry all of us with you."

Stoick gave the axe back to the smaller boy, who struggled to hold it. Hiccup placed the end of the axe agenst the floor so he could hold it up.

"Which mean you walk like us, you talk like us," Stoick spoke as he liftex the axe in the boys hands and straightening Hiccup's posture, "You think like us. No more of this." Stoick gestured to the boy.