Chapter 41

We're in the house when my phone goes off, seeing it's Andrew I swipe answer right away. "Hey!" I say a little too loud.

"Hey babe, my sister is still parked out front with her family. I went ahead and called the cops to ask them to move on. I'll call her and deal with her tomorrow, we'll be up in just a minute."

He hangs up, and I relay the information to Lindy. "That should at least give us the evening of peace, right?" I ask her.

She nods, "I certainly hope so."

I scoop Charley up off the floor and head outside to meet Andrew. The big SUV pulls into the driveway, it's not fully in park as the rear door swings open and Amelia comes rushing out. I scoop her up as well into a hug.

"I'm so happy you're here!" I tell her.

Andrew gets out of the car a bit red faced, "Amelia, wait until I park the car next time please."

"Okay dad." She says, Charley wiggles away from me to run to Andrew. While Lindy goes to meet up with her boyfriend. Still with Amelia in one arm I go to hug Andrew and give him a quick kiss.

"Who's ready for dinner?"

"Me!" Amelia says and Charley copies, "I'll help him wash his hands." She says leaving my side, to ushering Charley in the house.

"Do you think we'll be okay tonight?" I ask him quietly.

Andrew pulls me into his chest hugging me tightly, "Yes, I think they'll leave us alone for the night. After breakfast I'll call her, and confront her, there was no reason for them to be stalking your driveway. James can't figure out how she even knew where you live."

I frown, "None of my social accounts have any personal information. Only soap. I don't have any idea, unless they've been stalking you. Is it possible for her to get on any of your emails, or something like that?"

"Possibly, I'll change all of my passwords after dinner just in case."

"Charlotte!" Lindy calls.

I spin around, I had totally forgotten about her. "Yes?"

"Is it okay if we head out?"

I smile at her, "Of course, as long as Allen drives your car." I wink at her, knowing she drank an entire bottle of wine.

"I'll drive her, let's go get her stuff." He says leaving the SUV with a small suitcase.

Andrew locks it as soon as the door closes. "Thanks for coming out here with me."

"No problem, glad Charlotte and Charley are safe."

"Do you want to plates to go?" I ask them.

"No, I want Chinese takeout." Lindy says, "I love your cooking but I'm craving Chinese," she giggles.

"Okay, be safe out there tonight. Call me if you need anything." I tell her.

She waves me off, I head to the door, "Allen she brought her rifle with her, you might want to just put it in the trunk."

He grimaces, "Yes, I'll do that."

We see the happy couple off, I start serving up the enchiladas while Andrew changes his clothes. "I wish we could live here now." Amelia sighs, taking her plate from the kitchen to the dining room.

"Only a few more months," I tell her with a smile setting Charley's plate down in front of him.

Andrew brings in our plates and we sit down together. "What have you been doing lately?" I ask Amelia since I haven't seen her in a while.

She shrugs, "Not much, mother has been wanting me over to do stuff more with her lately. I think she's worried I won't want to visit her after we move."

I reach over and squeeze her hand across the table, "You can always go and visit your mother. I'd never want to keep you away from her."

Amelia gives me a sly smile, "Oh, I know. Mother is just jealous, before dad was interested in you, I'd only see her on holidays sometimes."

I want to say that's terrible, but eek, my eyes flick to Andrew's. He looks glum. "I'm sure she was just busy sweety. We'll have lots to do here though. Did you decide on a color for your room?"

She grins and launches into not only the color, but she wants an entire unicorn themed room and she's already planned everything out. As much as I'm a bit overwhelmed, I'm way more excited to have three daughters.

"I think your room is going to look so awesome." I tell her.

"I want new room!" Charley demands.

"Excuse me young man, is that how we get what we want?" I scold him.

He glares at me and shoves his food away. I almost growl, he's never been so rude. Andrew taps the table in front of Charley, "Charley." He starts calmly, which has Charley looking up at him. "I don't care how old you are, you ask for what you want nicely. Do you understand?"

Charley shakes his head. "New room!"

Andrew gets out of his chair to kneel beside Charley. "How do you ask nicely for something?"

Charley pouts for a moment, before crossing his arms over his chest. "Please."

"That's better, hey over here." He directs Charley to make eye contact. "You are my son now. All of us, including you," He gently pokes his chest, "We are all getting new rooms for this house to be ours."

"New room?" Charley repeats.

"Yes, new room." Andrew says sitting back down to continue eating.

In a not very quiet whisper, Amelia says, "Dad can always calm us down when we are being childish."

I grin at her, "That's good because even adults can act childish."

Amelia nods, "Great dinner by the way." She says as her dad gives her a level gaze. I can't help the giggle that escapes.