Inevitable

"As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those who are unable to accept what can be." - Thanos

Weiss was unnaturally subdued as she flew across the horizon, her masked face expressionless, a bright blue aura surrounding her body like a streaking comet. After a few minutes of careful consideration, she had determined what she must do- the next step in her plan to change this cursed world.

Of course, all of that had come after admiring her new form. Its porcelain armored skin, blackened horns that broached the skies' domain, the halo which brought to her the light of heaven. She had truly transcended huntress and grimm, she was evolving into a never before seen form of majesty.

Thoughts of what she had done to get here also flew through her consciousness. The thousands, no, the millions she had slaughtered. The sacrifice of her mother, her sanity. The deaths of her sister, her team, her classmates- her Ruby. All of them were like stones of immeasurable weight that crushed down on her soul with ever increasing force.

But Weiss had simply ceased to be as she had been, for she was the Hōgyoku, it was her soul and now her body as well. The breakdown sphere sat comfortable in her chest, finally on display for the world to see. The gem glowed brightly like a newly formed sun, born again with divine retribution and strife.

Like a meteor, Weiss crashed through the roof of one of Vale's tallest skyscrapers, having flown to a pocket of the city that had been mostly unaffected by her and Cinder's battle. The news casters, who had been reporting on the great calamity that had befallen Remnant, were immediately silenced and stared at her in terror.

"Step aside." Her voice echoed through the air, a deep and heinous call that seemed to come from the world itself. The reporters were shocked as she spoke with no mouth, but were smart enough to listen to the unnatural being that now stood before them, scampering down the stairs and out of the main room.

Now, Weiss stood alone, the Hōgyoku brimming with dark intentions and immeasurable power as she quickly got to work. With the wave of her hand, the walls around her were deconstructed away, leaving only the morning sky and destroyed landscape of Vale in her sights. She then stared at the operating computer in the corner of the room, letting her will influence its output. In a few moments, her work was complete. The cameras before her were now broadcasting to every news station, every channel, every screen- the entire world had their eyes on her, their new God.

All across the world, the grieving families of Remnant's Calamity now looked at their televisions in confusion, their scrolls in awe, their radios in fear. The image of the now transformed Weiss would be one that was burned into the eyes of millions, her tall and imposing stature staring straight into their souls, her monsterous frame against the backdrop of the visible morning sky and sun.

'Now... to send a message... One to establish the beginning of a new world order.'

"Good morning, people of Remnant. This message is currently reaching each and every one of you. People of all nations- human and faunus, this is going out to each and every one of you." From the ruined streets of Vale to the island of Menagerie, from the frozen tundras of Atlas to glassed deserts of Saunus- people from all across the world listened in awe. They quivered and trembled under the gaze of this- this thing, this unholy abomination on their screens. Its deathly pale skin and hellish horns, claws sharp as knives and eyes like seas of violet. Many likened it to a grimm, some to a sort of mutated faunus, others to a ghost- but a rare few, those who could sense the beyond-

They saw a God.

"Under the blackened skies of the night, this world has been ravaged by great calamities and disasters. I am sure you are all wondering what caused this course of events, these plagues that took the lives of millions." On a small island off of the coast of Vale, a man with blond hair and blue eyes stared at his television with unease, weary of this creature's words. His name was Taiyang Xiao Long, and he had experienced the rocking of the earth beneath his house, the collapse of trees and thunderous skies. He had feared for his two children at Beacon, knowing it was falling and perhaps the center of the destruction. He knew not of their fate, told by the tear markings on his face.