2

ryujin pov

I am driving my way to the address that was sent to me. I was currently listening to 'Love is' by ITZY. During this car ride, I was mentally preparing myself for my current mission. The ranking of this mission shouldn't be taken lightly.

Usually my field revolves around a more aggressive environment. Yet this mission seems to be a long-term effort and more laid-back.

My objective is to somewhat play a role as a mafia leader's daughter's bodyguard? Those few words already seem to be a risky task. I'm supposed to gather intel secretly while I'm at it. A side mission is to also manipulate the daughter into sharing information about her father. This will be fun...

My phone rang, it was my boss Ms. Kang. I answered the phone, and she was just instructing me on minor things before I officially started the mission.

'Agent Shin, try to be close to Hwang Yeji. Maybe we can learn new information from her. But don't get too close to her, you are only her bodyguard. Don't forget that.'

'Yes ma'am. I'm off to the Hwang house, I will update you with some new recon soon.'

'Good luck Agent' she said before hanging up. I started making my way to the Hwang house, which turned out to be a Hwang Mansion.

I am now at the front gate. The guard looked at me and asked for my identification. After seeing it, he figured out why I was here. I was escorted to the front door, which is awkward since I am here as a bodyguard.

I was currently walking my way into what seems to be the living room. Damn they rich rich. Suddenly the room changed. Not like visually, you can sense the new tension in the room. The sound of footsteps going down the stairs. All of the guards tensed up. I turned towards the stairs, and I saw him, Hwang In-yeop.

"You must be Ms. Joanne" he stood tall in front of me. He seems young? This is a grown man??? "I am Hwang In-yeop, you will be assigned to my lovely daughter, Yeji. I have heard about your skill, so I trust you to keep my daughter safe," He stuck out his hand. This man couldn't be more wrong.

"Thank you sir, I will do the best of my abilities" I shook his hand. I am confidently gay, but this dude got charms.

"Speaking of my daughter, I should call her down." He nodded to someone, and they went to a room and I assume they are getting this Yeji. Dude must be super concerned, because there's quite a lot of guards.

I was looking at their family picture. I saw In-yeop, a woman, Yeji, and a little boy. The woman looks around my boss's age. The little boy is really small, he's the only person giving energy in this photo.

This place seems very fancy, by now it should be clear that they have a lot of money. But decorations? This place seems dead. I saw another woman next to some of the guards. She looks like the woman in the big family picture. She was tense?

My thoughts got interrupted when I heard more footsteps going down the stairs. That's when I saw the same guard and a girl with red hair.

She stole the attention from everyone in the room. Every feature she has was well complimented from her unique cat eyes, her curves, her height, every aspect. Her resting face is a pout. She has an unrivaled beauty. I caught myself being mesmerized by her.

Hwang Yeji.

Is my gay showing? Damn.

"Ah Yeji-ah, this is your new personal bodyguard, Ms. Joanne," In-yeop said, introducing his daughter to me. I can see her rolling her eyes.

"Seriously dad, I don't need a bodyguard" She went back up to her room.

"That girl." He sighs. "I'm sorry Ms. Joanne, she hasn't been too fond of the idea of a bodyguard. However, if you are gonna be her personal bodyguard, I recommend you bond with each other. I won't give any tasks to you, your top and only priority is Yeji's safety" He smiled at me. For a mafia leader, this dude is good at hiding his identity.