6

double update 2 out of 2

ryujin's pov

We arrived at some kid named Jungwon's house. He seems to be a friend of Ni-ki. Yeji parked the car in front of the house, and I can hear Ni-ki screaming in excitement. Yeji went out of the car, and to the back seat so that she could get Ni-ki out of the car.

"Hey Jo" She called me, I just hummed back. "Stay here, I just need to talk to Jungwon's sister." she gave me a smile, and I just nodded back. I watched as her and Ni-ki held hands walking to the front door. I just found myself smiling and admiring them from afar.

But that's when I remembered, aren't I her bodyguard? I should be walking them to the house. Oh wait, my bodyguard job is fake hehe. WAIT I NEED TO SEND THE COMPUTER INFORMATION TO THE BOSS.

Damn this girl is really getting me distracted. Once I opened my phone, I was met with 32 messages from my boss. I slowly recall how much my boss hates being kept waiting as I read the messages.

----

Boss:

Read previous 27 messages

Agent Shin

Hello?

It's past 6.

You said you will have intel by then.

I swear, Agent if you keep me waiting.

Agent Shin:

heh hey boss...

Boss:

I hope you are aware I am close to having your head in a picture frame for my office.

Agent Shin:

good morning to you too, boss.

uh i have the flash drive, but i am with Hwang's daughter.

she's taking me somewhere, when i find out where, i'll send you the location and pass it to you there.

Boss:

I'm sorry what?

Agent you are her bodyguard, not even that, you shouldn't be fraternizing with her.

I told you to just be friends, not a couple.

Don't forget the objective.

Agent Shin:

Yes Ma'am.

----

Is Yeji actually a problem? Am I actually risking this mission over a dumb crush? I am sure Yeji is more than that though. Wait what, What am I thinking? This is the enemy's daughter. It's not her fault. Oh what the hell did I get myself into...

"Okay I'm ready Jo," the redhead girl said as she sat herself down on the driver's seat. I just looked at her with wide eyes. She's truly... beautiful. Her eyes can take you somewhere else. I can see voids though. Every time she talks about her family, mainly her dad, the voids grow. But when she's excited, or whenever she looks at me, the voids are gone. I want to continue, I want to fill those voids.

"Uhhh Jo?" she called out for me, while waving her hand in front of my face. How long was I staring at her?

"O-Oh yeah sorry. Where are we going?" I asked, embarrassed by the fact I was staring at her for that long. She was just smirking at me being flustered because of her.

"Amusement park" she said with her biggest smile. There's really a child inside this woman.

While she was typing in the name of the amusement park into the GPS, I took the opportunity to text the boss the location of the park. She sent the thumbs up emoji back. I just stared at the emoji and put my phone back into my pocket.

The emoji must've been an attempt to socialize.

Yeji then started driving. I looked at her again. Her side profile is so mesmerizing. Everything about her face seems so perfect, so unique. She seems so serious when she's focused. She's totally different from when she was talking about the amusement park.

"Hey creep, stop staring" she wasn't even looking at me but she just knew. My cheeks heated up instantly and I sank in my seat. This girl is removing all of my confidence, where is this bottom energy coming from? I am usually the flirty one, why is this so different?

"I wasn't staring at you" I crossed my arms in my seat. She just laughed at my attempt at being serious. "You're pretty mean, I hope you know that" I said, refusing to look at her.

"Sorry, you just looked cute. I also have no problem with you being a creep." She said the last sentence more quietly. I smacked her shoulder, and moved my body closer to the car door. She just stared at me being distant towards her. "Hey, I was joking." Yeji tried to reach her hand towards me, but I just slapped her hand away.

"You should stick to something other than jokes" she looked at me while holding her chest. She was in disbelief of what I just said.

"How dare you, my jokes are top tier" I scoffed at her statement, and she looked at me with wide eyes and her mouth wide open.

"Yeah sure. You know what, tell me a joke" I challenged her. She had this expression on her face as if she was thinking. It was really cute.

"Okay. Where does a monkey go to work out?" I rolled my eyes at her basic joke. What kind of top tier joke is this?

"Let me guess, the jungle gym." She started laughing out of nowhere.

"I don't know. Wouldn't you be the one to know? Honestly I don't take you as the type of person to work out." She smirked to herself. I can't believe this girl.

"YAH WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN" I started rapidly smacking her arm.

"HEY I'M DRIVING HERE! ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY"

"I'M FINE WITH THAT BUT FOR THE RECORD I WORK OUT! OH YEAH FUN FACT, I'M YOUR BODYGUARD HWANG YEJI" As soon as I finished yelling, the car made a sound indicating that we are low on gas.

"See we are low on gas now, thanks a lot, bodyguard."

"HOW IS THAT MY FAULT"

"BECAUSE I SAID SO"

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE"

"WELL TOO BAD"

I just huffed at her and she smiled at me being cute. She pulled into the nearest gas station, and we both got out of the car. She quickly went to the store, and bought snacks while I filled the car with gas. I shivered from the breeze, it's colder than I thought.

Yeji came back with the snacks, and put it in the backseat. The car was filled and we got in the car with Yeji still in the driver's seat. I wrap my arms around myself to keep myself warm. I was just waiting for Yeji to start driving, until Yeji poked my arm. She was holding a black hoodie.

"Your blazer is awfully thin. Take off your blazer and put your arms up" I just listened to her and took off my blazer, putting my hands up. She then put the hoodie over me, helping me wear it. I felt warmth hit me right away. I couldn't help but notice the hoodie matched the hoodie Yeji was wearing right now.

Something about this hoodie just reminds me of Yeji. The smell of her signature perfume. The way the hoodie hugs me. It's just like the day Yeji hugged me when we first met.

Yeji was moving her hand along the strands of my hair. She was fixing my hair, but she suddenly got an idea. "Hey, come closer" She said with a smile.

I brought my head closer to her. She put the hood on my head, and tucked the hood under my ears. She even fixed my hair in the front. She brought her face closer to mine, and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Monkey"

------

i gave you guys soft chapters since the next few will be a little intense. we are getting started :)