Chapter 7

Words - 2047

______________________

I walked towards my locker with my backpack hanging on my shoulder

I walked towards my locker with my backpack hanging on my shoulder. I reached in front of my locker as I opened it before checking my schedule for today and taking books accordingly.

"BOO!" Someone yelled from behind me as I slowly turned my body to look at that person with a bored expression and saw Adam as he looked at me nervously before he scratched the back of his head.

"I am sorry, I forgot that you don't get scared" He said and chuckled nervously making me shake my head in disbelief.

"If you use these silly tricks on me, you think I will get scared?" I asked with one eyebrow raised as he again chuckled nervously.

Even though he didn't say it out loud I can sense he wanted to say something and was hesitant. Some part of me believed it was about my parents' accident so I didn't dare to ask him what he wanted to say. I turned back as I took my books before heading towards my class, Adam went in a different direction as he had a different class.

I sat on the last bench near the window as I took my headphones out before plugging them into my ears. There was still some time before class started so it won't be a problem. I played a happy song to calm my nerves as I placed my head on the desk before I closed my eyes.

My body froze as I looked in his eyes, it was slowly closing. I inhaled deeply, his warm clean scent laced with the fragrance of flowers from the garden. One of his hands clasped the back of my head. My arms wound tight around his neck. I didn't know how they came to be there. We held each other so closely, his breath slipped into my mouth, hot and sweet as it mingled with my own. His lips pressed down harder parting mine---our tongues seeking and entangling-----My eyes flew open as my breaths became heavy.

Why am I thinking about him? Why is he roaming in my mind? A sigh left my mouth. I didn't want to admit it but some part of me liked that feeling, when his lips touched mine it felt like fireworks exploded in my stomach. Do I have a crush on him? No way! This can never be! After that slap incident I don't think our interaction will be the same and the kiss incident was a cherry on top.

I huffed in anger not knowing what to do as I lifted my head from the desk before taking out my headphones and keeping it in my bag when I felt someone sitting on the chair beside me. I turned my head to see that person and it was Annie. She was smiling happily at me which made me a little confused.

"What happened? Why are you so smiley?" I asked as she gave me a confused expression.

"Didn't you see the notice board?" She asked as I shook my head indicating no as she face palmed herself.

"Let's go" she said and grabbed my hand before dragging me with her out of the class as we came in front of the school notice board.

_______________________________________