Chapter 9

𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳, 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭.
- 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘮 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗔

I hid in a closet from my boyfriend after stupidly spilling a bowl of tacks. I then crawled into a tiny media box in Jake’s van, and hid there for an hour while he did his weekly basketball excursion with his kids that I help fund a special program for. I was stuck there because the box wouldn’t open from the inside.

The prick did that on purpose to teach me a lesson, and I’ll kick his ass later for that.

I’m exhausted and just ready to curl up on the bed until Logan can break away, when I round the hotel hallway and see Hadley glaring daggers at me, waiting by my door.

I wish she’d leave this hotel.

“You!” she hisses.

“What’d I do?” I ask, confused.

“Roses ring a bell?”

I smirk as I push open the door, and she barges by me, ramming her shoulder into mine on the way.

“Want to come in?” I ask dryly.

The door shuts and she whirls around, pointing an accusatory finger at me.

“Don’t get cute, Lana. You sent roses to Lisa. I know it was you. You let her think Logan did it, and now that she knows he didn’t do it, she’s nauseated, certain it was Plemmons.”

I guess Hadley’s humor is on the fritz, because that shit’s funny.

“The Boogeyman is dead, and what makes you think it was me or that those were ever my intentions?” I muse, hiding my smile.

“I know it was you. The roses were paid for with a prepaid Visa. Plemmons was done with Lisa, but she’s Logan’s ex, and you chose a poor way to fuck with her.”

“She actually fucked with me first. I just sent her some roses,” I say with a coy grin.

Her face gets redder. “Don’t fuck with my team, Lana. You have too much too lose to play games with us.”

“Us? I’m not playing games with anyone but her, and she started it. She did everything but piss on Logan. And the roses were ages ago. It’s not even a good joke if she doesn’t get it when the guy is still alive. In case you’ve forgotten, I sort of killed him, so she has no reason to be afraid… unless she’s scared of serial killer ghosts.”

I grab a flashlight and shine it under my chin, and Hadley’s eyes narrow to slits. She seriously needs a sense of humor.

“This is crazy stuff. You know that, right?” she snaps.

I roll my eyes, cutting the flashlight off. “No, crazy is being his ex and getting all bitchy toward me. And you said I couldn’t kill anyone who didn’t truly deserve to die. You never said I couldn’t send roses to a girl who was an utter bitch to me.”

“Don’t downplay this,” she hisses. “You sent those roses to terrorize her. Mind fuck her even. The guy carved an actual word into her arm while she was conscious, and he damn near killed her and Elise before Lisa managed to get a few shots off.”