𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏. 𝐇𝐄𝐑

𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢

The silence. The chaos. The ringing bells. The hustling of students.
Seems like a regular routine.

This is it. The day finally decided to show up.

I wiped my sweaty palms on the side of my jeans and corrected my hair, making sure they are tamed. Taking a deep breath, I moved ahead, walking inside the university gate along with many other students.

Good thing I took a small round of the campus area when I visited here with my brother to submit the documents. I'm excited to see the rest of the campus, classrooms, cafeteria, library, and everything inside the fences surrounding the campus.

I took a turn and entered the building. There is a desk in the corner where a man in security uniform is sat, logbooks and registers piled on the desk. Moving ahead, I passed by the sliding glass doors which officially led me inside the building.

From what I've researched, Wonders University was built in 1889 and since then has been a well known and reputed university of Mumbai. The University has six buildings, each for different courses. 

The first building is divided into two parts. The smaller part is where the university office, enquiry office, server room, staff room, faculty member's room is. The auditoriums, multipurpose rooms, AV rooms and all other halls are in the larger part. At the back of the university are the grounds for all the sports and a court as well.

The second building is for the junior college, third for business management, forth for MBA studies and fifth is where the library, laboratories and cafeteria are. 

The last building is for the degree college, the largest one, painted all grey on the top and bottom and dark red in the center with grey lines bordering the windows and a huge channel letter 'DC' on the top center. Also, the place where I'm currently headed.

Outside, small plants are kept at each side of the wall as a piece of décor. The exterior of the campus was nothing compared to the interior. The interior was clad with beige walls. Frames of famous scientists as well as philosophers, along with their birth dates, death dates (if they were dead) and their achievements written, hung on each wall. Motivational quotes were framed and hung as well.

I saw another guard in the entrance and walked towards him to ask about my classroom.

"Good morning. Uh, can you please tell me where classroom 415 is?" I asked.

"Sure, it's on the fourth floor. First year student?" He asked. When I gave him a small nod, he smiled and pointed behind my shoulder. "Go to fourth floor from here and then take a left. After five classrooms, you'll find 415. Okay?"

"Uh- yes, sure. Thank you." I said and turned back, walking towards the staircase.

I heard faint voices behind my back of him and another girl as I climbed the stairs. When I took another step, I heard the guard voice. "Hey! Girl! You!" I turned back and pointed a finger at myself. "Yes you!" He smiled then turned towards the other girl and said something. She nodded and walked towards me.

"This wind outside always ruins my hairs!" She complains, removing her hair from her face. "Hi! Are you a first year?" She smiled.

"Yes." I smiled back.

"Oh! Me too. C'mon, the guard uncle said I should show you the way to your class. Lets go." She said.

"Thank you. But wouldn't you get late for your class?" I asked.

"My class's on the fourth floor too. What's your class number?" She started climbing the stairs and I followed her.

"Its 415."