Chapter Three

Rohm

" Hey! You're the new girl, right? " Cherry, the bar manager, walks into the dressing room, sitting down in one of the chairs beside me.

"Yeah hi " She places her heeled feet onto the vanity with a heavy sigh.

" Everything good gorgeous? You look a little sad"

"Yeah I'm okay I'm just exhausted"

" Is there anything I can do to make you feel better love? " she says scooting her chair closer to me and placing a hand lightly on my exposed thigh.

" Um... I-I"

" I'm just playing around love no need to get nervous " She snickers, not to lie I was a bit interested but I'm thankful for a friendly face, as most of the girls who work here are not exactly nice.

To be honest, most of them are nasty bitches. It's my fourth week working here at Sin City Nights, and I can't say I've made any friends. Except maybe Cherry.

The bar staff, as well as the big ass bouncers, are paid by the hour, while we dancers compete for any man looking to throw money.

" Well have fun love " She rubs my thigh and throws me a wink before standing and exiting the dressing room. I sigh as I rummage through my bag pulling out the sequin two-piece I planned on wearing on stage.

I bet a career as a stripper was not something my mother had in mind when she took me to dance class every weekend. At least those lessons I hated as a child had a purpose for me now.

Not that I enjoy dancing naked in front of strange men who are twice my age. But it pays enough to hopefully stop Kutsuki and his men from snapping my neck because of a debt I had nothing to do with.

At least then, I will be able to get back to my life. That is a lie I keep telling myself because if I was honest, there is no fucking way I could get my hands on 3 million dollars within a year.

Even if I could, the life I have been living since my mother's passing isn't desirable. After the missed funds, I had to drop out of college, move out of my home, and barely survive in my job at Mr. Harris's office.

" Ro, you're supposed to be on stage in ten " Ambrose, one of the guards, sticks his head in the room without looking at me. 

" Okay, I'm ready " The bass of the music playing in the room of the club vibrates through my body as I follow Ambrose to the main stage. I was surprised that I was able to walk in 6-inch heels.

" Have fun sweetheart " I take a deep breath before climbing the stairs to the stage.

The room is covered in darkness, with only a few dim lights illuminating the main floor when a dancer is on stage. As I make my way to the pole, I am thanking God for the bright spotlight on me.

It was blinding me enough, so I wasn't able to see any men seated in front of the stage. If I try hard enough I could probably even forget they were here.

As I closed my eyes, I concentrated on the music the DJ had just put on ' Wine Pon You ' by Doja Cat. My body moves on its own, swinging around the pole to the seductive beat of my favorite song.

I decided to climb the pole and arch my back, hooking the pole with my right knee, grabbing the pole behind my leg, and bending my left knee, I was leaning my hip towards the pole, and for the final move I grabbed, pulled, and arched my lower left leg completing the Helix.

The more times I do this, the faster the 15 minutes of stage time passed more quickly than before. 15 minutes was more than enough for me to be out of breath, and I was relieved when I could leave the stage.

After taking a 10-minute break in the dressing room, I had to get back out on the floor. My feet were throbbing with every step I took to the bar.

These fucking heels were the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn, and being on my feet the whole day doesn't make it any better. 

The exhaustion of working here after a long day at the office is starting to show. But it's better than having the creepy ass Vasilyev's down my back. Just two more hours until I can go home.

" You did an amazing job Love " Cherry winks at me as she places a tray with a crystal tumbler of clear liquid on the counter between us. She pushes the tray in my direction.

I stare at her, waiting for her to explain the instructions on which table ordered the drink. 

" Boss ordered this and a lap dance " She seemed upset mentioning the lap dance part

The boss?!

I furrow my eyebrows in irritation. I only know Karill, the club's manager, and I hoped that Cherry was speaking about him. A chill runs down my spine because of the thought.

"Upstairs beautiful, the last table on the left side." She leans forward, lowering her voice so that only I can hear the words she whispers into my ears.

" Come back to me Zolotse " I grip the tray with both hands as I make my way to the back of the room, where a flight of stairs separates the club from VIP.

Translation - Darling

In the four weeks I have worked here, I have never been up here. From what I heard from the other girls talking, it's a whole lot different up here than down there.

The pockets are deeper, and the inquiries of the customers are more intimate. Karill has been pretty straightforward with how things go down here.

Customers order a lap dance from a certain dancer, and you're expected to deliver. But they are also able to ask for more.

That happens right here, upstairs in the VIP section. At least he made sure to empathize that we are under no obligation to deliver what a man asks for. They aren't even allowed to touch us without permission.

With every step I take toward my destination, my heart flutters in my chest. I don't know if the air up here reeks of stank ass sex or if my mind is playing tricks on me.

My stomach knots up when I pass a booth where one of the girls is being aggressively pounded into by a big man and sucking off another man who has his hand tied up in her messy hair. The poor girl is beet red and her cheeks are covered in wet mascara.

Could I do something like that? 

Until this very moment, I did not doubt in my mind that I would be ready to do whatever was necessary if the money was right. But now I wasn't too sure anymore.

I am also not sure if I dare to reject being touched when offered the money I so desperately needed. I put one shaky leg in front of the other as I near the corner of the booth.

The tray in my hands shakes as my nerves get the better of me. I take a deep breath before taking the last two steps toward my "Boss" and I put on a fake smile.

But it falters within the second I lay my eyes on the man waiting for me. The blood in my veins runs cold, and the tray slips out of my hands. 

Holy shit!! NO!

Sitting before me is Valenci Vasilyev, looking up at me with a dark glare as the glass shatters at my feet.