Chapter Eleven

Valenci

----------------------------------

I have never been a particularly passionate lover. Or the type to cuddle in any sense. Usually, a woman spends enough time in my bed to serve her purpose - my gratification.

There are no niceties afterward, so they do not need to stay overnight. I wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression that there will be a second time.

The girl peacefully sleeping next to me might be a whole different story. I only tear my eyes from her sleeping frame when my phone pings with a new message.

*Nikolai - I'm downstairs, I got the guy's name and location.

*Valenci - Good.

*Nikolai - Not good. Haruki Tanaka works directly under Aoto Kutsuki, you can't touch him.

The fuck I can.

Rationally speaking, he is right. The Kutsuki family has been a thorn in my family's side for years, but for as long as I can remember, there hasn't been any trouble between them and us.

Decades ago, some agreement was made, and since then, we have mostly stayed out of each other's way.

Our business didn't cross paths for years, and we avoided moving in the same social circles. That truce might have already cracked a little with my brother stealing Harlem away from under one of the Kutsuki's noses.

So, what's one more little provocation? Going after that little fuck that laid a hand on Rohm is non-negotiable. I won't let that incident slide.

Just thinking about it causes my blood pressure to rise as a new wave of anger spreads through my whole body.

No matter the reasonable alternative, if there is even one, I will have a serious talk with that little Haruki-shit.

Fuck the consequences.

First, I deal with him, and then I'll deal with my brothers and father if I have to. I keep my eyes on Rohm as I carefully move out of bed, trying not to wake her up.

But, judging how fast asleep she is and by the fact that she hasn't moved an inch since falling asleep, I doubt that anything would be able to wake her up right now.

And that's good.

She looked too damn exhausted last night, even before I wore her out in bed. A night of good sleep will do her good.

I move to the dresser and blindly pull out some clothes that I put on. Before leaving the bedroom, I take another moment to look at Rohm's sleeping frame in my large bed.

Even in the dim lighting of the bedside lamp, I can see the bruise on her cheek. Fuck handling that situation with kid gloves; I am going to slowly, very slowly squeeze every last ounce of life out of that bastard for touching her. And I am going to enjoy every last second of it.

I slip into the passenger seat of Nikolai's car and he starts the engine as soon as I pull the door shut behind me.

"Where are we going Niko?" He grips the wheel and has his eyes trained forward.

"It seems like they're staying at a cheap motel just outside the city... there's a little diner close by, Satcha just texted that they went there a few minutes ago" It's nearly five in the morning, maybe they are already preparing to go back to Miami.

So, there's hardly time to rethink my actions "Good then well go there too" Nikolai doesn't move, and neither does his car.

"I don't think whatever you're planning to do is a good idea"