Chapter five

My breathing was shallow and my whole body hurt. Was I alive? I couldn't even move my ears to see if I could hear something.

"Shit, thank God, you're alive." I heard a voice and sudden fear wrapped my body.

I heard a whine trying to leave my throat but it was so dull I doubted that it even made it out. I tried gathering my strength to lean on my hands and move away from that voice, but my muscles just refused to listen. Is this glamour or my injuries?

I managed to open my eyes and it took my vision a minute to adjust to the room lights. It seemed like Xavi's room and I couldn't comprehend how I got here. Or why am I still alive.

"Catherine." He murmured, getting in my vision field.

My eyes filled with fear and once again I tried to unsuccessfully move. Xavier froze for a second and then let out a sigh.

"I could just glamour you to not be frightened of me but I kinda feel like I deserve this." His voice was somehow mad and comforting at the same time, but I should know better than to trust him.

He stood up from the chair he was on and got on the bed next to me. He looked down at me and I could sense some guilt, but again, why would he care?

"You won't like this part at all, but I don't want you to be this... vulnerable."

Xavier was almost whispering as he put one of his hands on my jaw and made it open. I slightly shook my head already knowing what he's going to do, but he pretended not to see it. His eyes darkened, fangs popped out and soon his bleeding wrist was put on my mouth. I tried, I really tried avoiding it by not gulping but as soon as I started choking my instincts swallowed the liquid in my mouth.

Instantly my strength came back and the first thing that I did was get my claws out and rip them through his face. Just then I moved as quickly as I could out of the bed and as far away from him as possible. His blood was dripping from my claw as it was dripping from an open wound on his cheek. Usually, vampires heal in a moment, but my kind was too special for that. Our claws made it very difficult for wounds to close.

"You're going to release me. You're going to take your fucking glamour away from me and you're going to let me go." I hissed, while Xavier was slowly getting out of bed.

"I fucking saved you." Imitating my voice tone he replied. "I could have let them drain you dry, but I didn't."

He stepped closer and I stepped back, holding my paws out if he decided to attack me again.

"You almost killed me twice. That's two times too many." I said, fearing that the wall was close to my back once more.

He wiped his bleeding face and looked at his hand. Then he wiped it once more and frowned.

"Why am I not healing?" He changed the subject as if we weren't about to fight.

"I hope you'll bleed out and die."

He looked at me with half a smile but then frowned again when blood dripped on the carpet. I was watching him, so I could see his expression as he was processing his thoughts. Xavier's gaze went to my claws and then once more to my eyes.

"You come any closer and I'll rip you apart."

"I need your blood now, don't I?"

We said it at the same time and my words only confirmed what he questioned. He looked me in the eyes and just a second too late I realized what he was about to do.

"Claws im. Now." He commanded. My nails got back to their place and I was left standing there with fingers spread out with no weapon.

I quickly pulled them into fists and got ready to fight even like that. It made Xavier chuckle a bit and he stepped closer as if challenging me to hit him.