In the Grasp of the Dark

Ben's footsteps echoed in the streets as the night on Corvan concealed the unusual amble, creating an eerie quiet that heightened Ben's senses as he descended in the elevator.

Arriving at Level 17, where he had encountered Snoke just hours before, he was met with emptiness. The shadows played tricks on his perception, and he hesitated once entering the dark room, pondering the mysterious disappearance of the dark figure.

In the stillness, a presence emerged at the entry of the room. Ren, with his silver hair cascading down, stood as a silent sentinel. Ben felt the weight of Ren's gaze.

As Ren removed his gray helmet, the room's dim light revealed a face marked by the passage of time. Ren, with an almost nostalgic tone, spoke words that echoed the threads of fate.

"You know, when we met back on Elphrona, I had the feeling we would meet again."

Ren, looking disdainfully at Ben, scoffs, "Look what Skywalker has done to you." A surge of defiance rises within Ben as he snaps back at Ren. "Skywalker is gone. I killed him."

With a determined glare, Ren continues, "Tell me, boy. Are you a slave?"

Ben's retort is sharp, "I am a slave to no one."

Ren, unfazed, chuckles and counters, "I sense much fear in you, Ben Solo."

Ben rejects the accusation, "I fear nothing."

Ren, maintaining his cool demeanor, presses on, "Your actions speak otherwise, Solo. You ran from me, as did Skywalker. I can see the guilt inside of you. So much like your uncle, you are weak—a Kylo."

Brimming with rage and anger, Ben's eyes flared. "Skywalker was a failure, just like you will be. After I destroy you."

The echo of resentment against his uncle fueled Ben's defiance as he ignited his blue lightsaber.

Ren, undeterred, swiftly grabbed his lightsaber, igniting the crimson blade. A crimson glow clashed with the azure brilliance as the two adversaries locked eyes for a brief moment. The fight was on.

During the combat, Ren, with a mocking tone, declared, "You are not worthy to be Snoke's apprentice."

Fueled by anger and defiance, Ben shot back, "I am much more than that." The intensity of their conflict reached new heights as the lightsabers danced in a chaotic ballet of resentment and power.

After a series of lightning-fast clashes, Ben seized an opportunity, slashing one of Ren's hands off. A guttural scream of pain escaped Ren's lips. Undeterred, Ren, with a mixture of agony and arrogance, taunted, "Nice one, but do you have what it takes to defeat the Master of the Knights of Ren?"

The heated duel continued each combatant drawing upon their anger and pain. In a moment of brutal retaliation, Ren force-lifted and choked Ben, throwing him to the ground. A sinister laugh escaped Ren's lips, further fueling the fire within Ben.

Enraged and consumed by his emotions, Ben rose, his anger manifesting in every strike. Locked in a fierce clash, Ren goaded, "Use your anger and pain to destroy me."

The room crackled with the intensity of their conflict until suddenly, Ren, using the Force, knocked Ben's lightsaber from his hand. With a swift and overpowering motion, he hurled Ben into the ceiling and then back to the ground. As Ren approached, Ben's rage reached its zenith.

Locking eyes with Ren, Ben summoned his lightsaber, turning it towards his adversary. Seizing a moment of vulnerability, Ben unleashed the Force, propelling the lightsaber through the air. Ren caught off guard, turned just in time to be impaled by the blue lightsaber blade.