Epilogue

Epilogue

4 years later

Sai was busy as usual in running behind 3 year old Vinayak and he was giving her hard time as he was too fast for her. Savi was laughing on Sai. 

"Shut up and help me Savi." Sai scolded her. 

"No aai, isn't it enough that you torture me by making me drink that yuckish milk now you want to torture poor Vinu also" Savi replied and cheer up for Vinayak to run faster while making faces at Sai.

"Princess, what I told you last time? No provoking Vinu for doing mischiefs because this little miscreant gives headache to your aai." Virat replied as he caught Vinayak and took him back to Sai who glared at Vinayak and gestured him to finish the milk. 

"Sorry baba....but it was fun." Savi replied giggling.

"It was fun! Suna iski baatein? Dadi amma ban gayi hai bilkul. Ek toh school mein job karke thak jati hoon main phir pura din in shaitano ke peechhe bhago...pareshan kar rakha hai in dono ne." Sai complained like a typical indian mother.

 "Chill! bachhe hain, wo shaitani nahi karenge to kya hum karenge?" Virat laughed. 

"Waise idea itna bura bhi nahi hai....are you in a mood for little shaitani tonight?" Virat teased her as he whispered the words into her ears.

"Shut up! ye dono tumhari shaitaniyo ka hi natija hai." Sai glared at him.

All of them sat at breakfast table. Sai smiled looking at her perfect family. She remembered how when Savi was discharged from the hospital Virat remained true to his promise and was serious about quitting the job as he had understood the value of family. But Sai had also understood the importance of his duty and his love for it. She stopped him from doing that.

They all had moved to Nagpur with Virat. Though Virat had not quit the job but took the posting at police training academy as a trainer of new recruits. It was a simple 9 to 5 job which gave him enough time for spending it with his family. Sai had tried to persuade him not to do this because of her but he had refused saying that he wants to be there for Sai in her pregnancy and dont want to miss out any important moments like their baby's first words, his birthday, the moment he will stand up all by himself, the moment he will walk by himself....the first time he will call him baba. He missed all that in Savi's time but he will not miss it for anything with their second baby.

Since then life was a bliss for them. But Sai knew Virat missed his old field job. He didn't show but he missed it. From some days he was a little distracted. Sai could feel that he is lost in thoughts. She wanted to discuss it with him but didn't know how to bring up the topic.

She was about to say something when Virat got a call but he cut it quickly. Sai noticed this and sighed. It was happening from some days now she tried to ask him but he brushed off the topic saying it was nothing.

Just then Savi switched on the tv. A news was coming on it about a gang rape case. "One whole week has been passed and police have no clue about it. Is govt. sleeping. Has this state become unsafe for girls? A girl was gang raped and brutally murdered and police didnt even arrested anyone till now." News anchor said. Then they started showing disturbing images of victim's body. Savi screamed as she was scared from it. Sai immediately rushed towards her and switched off the tv.