-14- "Voices"

Finally finished it... I warned y'all that it's gonna take a while, because I didn't know what to put in it..
But nonetheless, enjoy!<3

---

The sun was already starting to set, and the air was a bit colder than it was the whole day before. Macaque knew that he could find the two missing boys with ease, so before he started searching, he just sat on a rock, thinking about the conversation he had before with the Monkey King.

After all that happened, he just couldn't understand their relationship. Is it on good terms, or should they fight everytime they see each other? He just couldn't figure out the answer to that question.

He thought, that he should just act like how he feels towards the other Monkey, but the thing is.. he himself doesn't know, how he feels about him. He never really takes his teasing seriously, but he didn't really think what Wukong thinks about it.

He rarely pays attention to his teases, because he thinks that the Monkey King doesn't even think about them, but.. what if he does? He remembered that time on one of the trainings, when he literally kissed the ginger monkey on the cheek so he would get confused and let him train with the kiddo instead, and he didn't really think about it until now. For this whole time.. was he the reason for their weird and awkward relationship?

The six eared monkey could feel his cheeks heat up a little after that thought. "Alright, it's really not the time for thoughts like this.." he quickly thought to himself, and deepened his body into his own shadow. He thought that he would began the search so he wouldn't have to overthink so much. He was already at the entrance of the forest, so might as well start.

His ears are like those of a thousand people. They could hear every little screach that was made.
He focused on the surrounding noises, closing his eyes in the process.

He could hear birds flapping their wings, squirrels stomping their little paws on the ground and the tree branches, foxes digging in the search of food or new shelter, and.. voices.

Deep in the forest, he overheard a conversation, right next to the sound of splashing water. He recognized those voices.

- I love coming to that lake so much! It's so beautiful.. it always makes my day. - Mk exclaimed, sitting down on the grass next to a big rock, that was really close to the edge of the lake. He rested his back on the rough texture of the stone, admiring the view. His literal "hot-headed" boyfriend sat next to him, with a smile on his face.

- It really is beautiful. ..Oh look! There are the flowers from yesterday! - he pointed to one of the sides of the lake, where beautiful, fluffy, white flowers could be seen.

- Those are the flowers?? They really don't look so.. poisonous, nor threatening. - he laughed a little.

- Now you understand how I didn't catch on? - Red chuckled a bit. - How are you, by the way? Are you feeling better? You know, with the itching and stuff. - He placed his hands on the grass, looking at Mk.

- You know, I actually do! I can still feel itching spots on my skin, but after the night, the cream started working well and it's really bearable!

- Well, I'm glad. - the red haired demon smiled again.

The Monkie Kid placed his hand on his boyfriend's, looking at him with a smile, as the red head returned it as well. They both sat there, now leaning against each others shoulders, touching heads, and overall enjoying their time together.

The Six Eared monkey saw it all, being in the shadow dimension the whole time. He was kinda shocked at the view, but it wasn't really his business what they were doing. The only thing he cares about for now is that he found them, and that Mk is safe.