[prolouge]

The door to a carriage was opened as a heeled foot stepped out

The door to a carriage was opened as a heeled foot stepped out. A beautiful young woman then fully stepped out of the carriage, the cab driver smirked at the woman and was about to speak. "I hear you're-" only met with a parasol being opened up in his face. "The bags are in the back. Be a dear and hand them over to the butler." She ordered before resting the parasol on her shoulder, covering herself from the light rain.

"Yes, my lady..." the cab driver sighed at his failed attempt as the woman simply hummed and walked on.

She paused by the front door and waited quietly for a moment before the door opened to reveal a butler with black hair and red eyes, the two shared a look. "Sebastian. The driver has the luggage, bring it up to my quarters, will you? I don't have much time to get ready for the party." She ordered the man as she walked ahead.

"Absolutely, my lady. And don't fret about the time, it's only but a small party. I'm sure the master would be delighted to see you." He informed as the woman nodded in understanding.

-

"My lady! I've come with warm water for you!" A woman with red hair in a maids uniform informed the woman who moved her attention away from her mirror. "Thank you, Mey-Rin. You're a doll!" The woman thanked as the maid placed down the the jug and bowed before exiting the room.

After a few seconds she heard heavy running and suddenly someone bursted through the door. "You came back?!" A young boy with blue hair and a blue eye, Ciel, exclaimed as he looked at the woman shocked. "Yes...?" She said in a confused tone as the boy only sighed and walked over to the woman to lean onto her form and wrap his arms around her.

"You haven't been giving your servants a hard time, have you?" The woman asked as the boy shook his head and quietly rested it on the woman's chest. "Well, in any case, I've heard about those serial kidnappings. Poor things." She muttered as she smoothed a hand over the boys hair.

"We arrived too late to save the children, unfortunately." He informed as the woman sighed. "I got so worried that one of the kidnapped children were mine, I took the fastest train to get here." She expressed as he reassured her. "No, they're all fine. There was actually a pattern. A traveling circus would kidnap children from the town they performed. The Noah's Ark Cirus." He explained as she made a soup of understanding.

"I remember hearing about them. One of the younger bunch asked me if they could go check it out." She commented before patting the boys back. "Oh, You're such a smart and hardworking boy. My little angel." She cooed at the boy who hummed.

-

"Oh, my! Dr. Arthur, you're here?! Iss the party to your liking so far?" The woman asked a young man, the author of a book that Ciel enjoyed, who blushed at the sight of the woman walking up to him. Nearly turning red but still managed to sputter out. "Oh, Yes! Of course!" He agreed as the woman motioned towards the seat.

"May I sit next to you? I'm afraid my travels have caused me to walk a big sluggish, I just came back today." She asked as the man nodded. "Of course, it isn't my place to tell you anything!" He reassured as the woman sat down gracefully with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I never caught your name despite the fact that you know me." The man told the woman who smiled at the man sweetly. "Don't sweat it, the Earl is a fan of your writing and he's told me all he knows about you. Goodness, where are my manners, I'm getting off track. I'm Y/n L/n, head of the house of L/n."