Chapter 8: PPP

Ellie's POV

As the last student walks into class, Lena promptly gets up and closes the door, smashing it a bit to make everyone calm down and turn their attention to her, not that anybody's attention was elsewhere but there was still noise.

She makes her way to the podium and grabs the stack of paper on it. As she goes through them, she doesn't say a word but sneaks some terrifying glances here and there when she hears whispers. Sam chose to attend this time. He didn't have a choice anyway.

"All I can say is that you all need to work more." Lena says, putting down the papers and looking back at the rest of the class. "If you need help with work... in the future, you know where my office is."

She looked disappointed. It was quiet hard to believe that a professor actually cared about a mock exam. But I was there when she was correcting them, and I remember her being frustrated by every single one. She didn't have any trouble with mine since I already knew the material and to be fair, it was not that difficult.

Class went on smoothly. She took her time to explain everything and answer whatever question was thrown at her. But she never looked at me... Not even once, not even a glance. Not even in my direction or my row which I thought was odd. I knew it had to do with what Sam and I were talking about just before class, but I thought she wouldn't be bothered by this stuff. She has to know that it didn't mean anything, right?

When class was over, I waited in my seat, slowly putting my things into my bag, waiting for everybody to get out of class and asked Sam not to wait up. Lena was at her desk, writing some stuff into her notebook as some other students waited for her to asked questions. 
I waited for her to answer them and made my way over to her as she got up to collect her things as well. And when the last student got out to class, she finally glances up to me and looks back at her bag, fully ignoring my presence.

"Are you mad at me or something?" I ask her, trying to get closer to her but she takes a step back.
"Why would I be?" she answers straight off, still not looking at me.

"You just seem a bit off and I was worried I did something wrong." I say, slightly annoyed that she won't even acknowledge me.

"Do you think you did something wrong?" 

"No?" I answer, annoyed again at her answers that were more like questions.

"Then that answers it for you, Ms. Hart." She looks at me quickly before taking her bag and leaving. "You don't have to come in to help me with work today, alright?" 

But she leaves before I could even answer.

***

Jackie O
Do you think your roommate would mind 
if I crashed on your couch for a few days?

Me
No, I don't think so. I'll have to ask 
first, though. Are you planning on visiting?

Jackie O
Yeah, I kinda miss you, can you believe that?

Me
Honestly, no. But I do miss you so even if Chloe
isn't okay with that, which would be very odd
we can always share my bed.

Jackie O
Cool, I'll get  my train ticket!
Can't wait to meet your hot professor!! Will 
she be around?

Me
I don't know but I don't think so

Jackie O
What happened? 

Me
I think she's mad at me but I don't know
she asked me not to come to her office, earlier this
week and she's been distant