CHAPTER 02

"She's finally here," Daddy said with a mix of relief and excitement.

He motioned for me to sit beside Mommy, and I took a deep breath before going to my seat.

I greeted the Lims with a polite smile, though inside, I felt a whirlwind of emotions.

As I looked at each member of the Lim family, I felt a combination of nervousness and curiosity although aware naman ako kung anong meron tonight, hindi ko lang maiwasang mag taka.
Kung bakit ganito ka intense sa pagitan ng dalawang pamilyang kaharap ko.

'Oh God!, please take me na now!!'

I decided to pay no attention to the unusual presence and simply focused on the delicious food right in front of me.

It was just carbonara, my favorite, along with a piece of pizza and some wine.

'Aww, Manang knows exactly what I want to eat whenever I'm here. Kakilig talaga!

I felt a sense of relief and comfort as I indulged in the flavors and savored each bite.

'Ah promise Manang, I will give you a higher sahod this month.'

Just like me, everyone at the table was quietly eating their meal.

Then, after a while..

Mommy suddenly spoke up.

"Uhm, baby," Mommy called my attention, and I turned to look at her with curiosity. "Can you introduce yourself to the Lims?" Mommy said, then she smiled sweetly at me. I tried my best to smile confidently, but my mind was filled with nervousness as I thought about making a good impression.

'HUHU'

Mr. Lim smiled formally, his eyes carefully observing me.

Mrs. Lim's smile was warm, yet there was a hint of curiosity in her gaze.

Meanwhile, Mikhyle was busy eating, as if she didn't realize how important this moment was.

'Teh preparation sa kasal mo ganap ngayon!'

And it made me think about how difficult it is to have a good connection with her.

'Ah, pano tayo magiging good future sister in law?, kung napaka Nonchalant mo!, Augh i hate your presence!',.. kyahhh!

"Uhm, hi... good evening," I greeted them and smiled at each one, except for Mikhyle who seemed unaware of what was happening, she just focused on her food, na parang dinadama ang bawat linamnam ng pagkain nya. "I am the youngest child of my parents. My name is Rajiah Lauren Wong Aravello," I introduced myself formally and smiled at them.

Mr. and Mrs. Lim nodded in response.

"But you can call me Ayiah, for short," I added.

Tumango lang din sila.

"And as I mentioned earlier, my daughter is studying nursing as her pre-med, right Ayiah?" Daddy added. Tsaka ako nilingon at binaling ang tingin sa mga Lim's.

Mr. Lim smiled and exchanged glances with Daddy, their eyes communicating in a way that only they understood.

'Wtf is happening?!'

"I see," Mr. Lim commented.

"After four years of studying pre-med in nursing, what is your next step then?" Mrs. Lim suddenly asked, her expression as blank as her daughter's.

'What do you expect Ayiah?, Like Mother Like Daughter.'

"To become a doctor, but I am still undecided between pediatrics or cardiology," I replied.

"Do you have any plans of having a boyfriend or girlfriend?" Mr. Lim asked suddenly, catching me off guard.

'W-what?!!, TheeFckk?!' , Ah OA.

I managed to maintain my composure, hiding my surprise behind a composed facede.

"Not my priority, sir," I answered.

He nodded, seemingly impressed by my response. "Well, our partnership will be great, amigo, and I can see a bright future for our hospitals with your daughter," he said with a hearty laugh.

They all laughed together.

'Huh? Ano daw?'

Nag usap pa sila about sa business and such, na sila lang din ang nag kakaintindihan.

Sa tagal na oras na ang nakalipas, ngayon ko lang napansin.. na wala pa si kuya.

And hindi na about sa marriage nila ang pinag uusapan. I thought, plans about sa marriage nila ni Mikhyle ang main purpose kaya may dinner ngayon kasama ang mga Lim's.

I feel like something is wrong with this meeting.

It's no longer just about the marriage between my brother and Mikhyle.

I think it's also connected to me based on their earlier conversations, with double meanings that seem to imply something deeper.

I retreated into my thoughts when..

Manang brought a cake and lit the candles using a lighter.

Then Daddy and Mommy started singing, joined by the Lims.

'Sino may birthday-'

""You didn't have to bother," she replied, giving us a small smile. "But anyways, I appreciate it. Salamat po," she added.

'B-birthday nya?!'

'Damn you Ayiah, It's too Obvious, sya yung nag pasalamat eh!'

"Always welcome, as long as it's for you, my dear," Mommy said, smiling sweetly at her.

Ngumiti ulit sya ng tipid. 'But still marunong pala sya non, buti naman na adapt nya kahit halatang peke naman.

"I remember, this is your first time meeting Ayiah, right Kyle? Why didn't you introduce yourself to her?" She looked at Mr. Lim before looking back at us.

"Hi, Ayiah?" she asked, sounding unsure.

"Yes?" I replied shortly.

"I'm Mikhyle Jave Lim, soon-to-be your wife," she said, his face showing no expression.

'W-what did she say?!'

She looked away while I couldn't stop staring at her.

'Wtf Mikhyle Lim!'

Daddy and Mommy were saying a lot of things to me, as well as Mr. Lim, but I couldn't hear them.

Because Kyle's last words to me kept repeating in my head.

soon-to-be your wife.

Nag paulit ulit lang na parang sirang plaka ang huling sinabi nya.

Hindi ko maintindihan, Hindi ako makapag salita.

Ano bang nangyayari...

I shook my head, trying to process it in my mind.

Even their explanations, I couldn't understand anymore.

And I don't want to understand. Binalik ko yung tingin ko kay Mikhyle.

At ayun, masama ang tingin nya sakin.

Bakit?, nasan kana ba kuya Gelo.

________________________________________________
_________________________________:))))

WARNING‼️⚠️
-TYPOS/GRAMMATICAL ERROR
- It didn't happen in real life.
- I am a fan of Bini, which is why I created a fandom series for them.
- And I am also a shipper of Mikhaiah
_____________________
_____________________________________________
______ENJOY READING BLOOMS 🌸