A Little Bit Of Fun

Violet's POV
It was morning. I checked the time on my phone; 11:36. Wow, mom let me sleep in. That's new. Mom never let's me sleep in.

I headed down stairs. There was a note on the fridge:
Sweetie, Aunt Mae is having problems with Uncle Jerry again. I'll be staying at her house for a few days. There is some emergency cash hidden in my pillow. Call me if you need anything. Be safe. I love you.
Love, Mom xoxo
"Awesome, I'm home alone for the next couple of days." I said to myself.

I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Oh, God, I was a mess! There was blood on my face. My hair looked like a rat's nest. My clothes were covered with dirt and blood. I need a shower.

I hopped in the shower and rinsed off all the blood and dirt. Then I washed my rat nest. Finally, I was clean. I got out of the shower and dried off. I threw on a white T-shirt, that had a black heart on it, some jeans, and my black converse. I combed through my hair and looked in the mirror. I'm clean.

There was a knock on my window. I turned around. It was Jack! He's here! He kept his promise. He's here!

Jack's POV
Violet was grinning from ear to ear when she opened the window. She reached out to hug me and nearly fell out the window. I caught her before she did and hugged her back. "Oh, Jack, I'm so glad to see!" she said, enthusiastically.
"Uh, really?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Uh, cool." My cheeks turned red. Not again. "Guess what!" said Violet.
"What?" I asked.
"My mom's staying at my aunt's place for a few days. So we can hang out more."
"Awesome."

No way! I get to see Violet without having to worry about her mom finding out about me. No more hiding, just me and Violet. Just me and Violet? All by ourselves? No one around? Oh, God.

I want Violet to be my friend, but at the same time I really like her. For some reason, I wanna be more than friends, but she thinks that I just want to be her friend. Ugh! There's something wrong with me. There has to be.

Violet POV
I smiled at Jack. "I'm going to come out there." I told him. He nodded. I headed down the stairs and went around to the tree. Jack was sitting down, smiling like an idiot. I giggled.

Jack noticed me giggling and stuck out his tongue. It made me giggle more. I sat down next to him. "So, what do you want to do?" I asked.
"I don't know. What do you wanna do?" Jack replied.
"I want to have some fun."
"Well, then I have an idea."

Jack's POV
Violet wanted to have some fun, so that's exactly what we were going to do. I handed Violet a lollipop and picked her up. "Where are we going, Jack?" she asked.
"You'll see." I told her.

I carried Violet to my favorite place to be. It was an old, abandoned carnival area. I come here all the time to ride on the carousel, or the farris wheel. I once got stuck in the fun house and Toby had to use a crowbar to pry me out. I loved this place.

Violet looked around, smiling. "Do you wanna take a ride on the carousel?" I asked. She nodded. I sat her down on one of the metal horses and started it up. I hopped on before it began moving. Violet was grinning. "I feel like a little kid again." she said happily. I couldn't help myself from smiling. This was fun.

Violet's POV
Jack brought me to some rundown carnival grounds and we got on the carousel. It was fun. He suggested that we take a ride on the farris wheel. I didn't know how he was going to get off of the carousel though. Then, Jack tucked his knees into his chest and rolled off with ease.

Jack shut down the carousel and we headed to the farris wheel. I love farris wheels; being up so high, with everyone looking like ants, being able to see everything around you at that angle, it's perfect.