Better Off Dead

Jack's POV
I left Slender's room. I couldn't stand looking at him. He said that I had to say my last goodbyes. If I could only see Violet one last time, then I'm going to make it last. She means the world to me. I had to make it last.

I had BEN teleport me as close to Violet's house as he could. I ended up behind a tree that was across the road from her house. I ran to her window and stuck my head in. "Violet!" I said. She was standing in front of her mirror, brushing her hair. "Jack!" she squealed with excitement, walking over to me. She smiled. She was happy. I closed my eyes, keeping the image of her smiling face in my head. I opened them, tears were already falling down my cheeks.

"Jack, what's wrong?" she asked. I shook my head. How can you tell your girlfriend that she is going to die soon? "I'm coming out there." she said. I pulled my head from out of the window and sat down. Violet ran out of the house and towards me. She immediately sat down next to me. "Jack, what's wrong?" she asked again.
"Oh, Violet! Slender found out about us." I cried out.
"What? How?"
"Painter told him."
"So, what's going to happen now?"
"He... he's going to-" I couldn't even say it, I started sobbing, before I could finish my sentence. Violet hugged me, tightly. It made me cry more. I was going to lose her.

Violet's POV
"What is he going to do, Jack?" I asked Jack, as he cried into my shoulder.
"He's going to... kill you." said Jack, despairingly.
"Oh, God."
"I'm so sorry! I don't want you to die. If you die, I'll die inside."
"Jack."
"Yeah?"
"Is there anything we can do? I don't want to die."
"Slender said that if I intervene, he'd kill us both."
"I don't want you to die either." We sat there in silence. Jack combed through my hair with his fingers. I held onto him tightly. If I have to say goodbye to Jack, then I'm going to make it a long goodbye. I couldn't let him go... not yet... not ever.