13

Kai's POV.

Finally done with all those interviews and TikTok games for the media. Exhausted doesn't even begin to cover it—I'm famished.

Glancing at the time, Leah's practice should be wrapping up by now. I dial her number.

"Hey," she answers, her voice slightly breathless.

"What's up? What are you up to?" I inquire.

Amidst the background noise, I can hear the buzz of activity and the excited chatter of girls.

"Sorry, we're just wrapping up practice. The girls are giving me a hard time," she explains, sounding a bit flustered.

"Yeah, with what?" I chuckled.

Leah paused for a moment before replying, "They're still wrapping their heads around the fact that a Beckham is calling me so casually..." She chuckled.

I grinned, imagining the scene on Leah's end. "Well, you are pretty special to that Beckham," I teased.

"I guess they're just jealous," Leah quipped back.

"Yeah, alright, finish the gym, make sure you don't neglect those abs of yours," I chuckled.

Leah laughed, her amusement ringing through the phone. "Yeah yeah, do you want to meet at mine or what?" she asked.

"Sure, I can head over to yours," I replied.

"Alright, I'll be there like in half an hour..."

"Got it, I'll see you in half an hour," I confirmed.

~

I finally arrived at Leah's place after battling through the dreadful London traffic, which seemed to take forever.

Her car was already parked in the driveway as I pulled up. Grabbing my Adidas bag containing the new release boots, I slung it over my shoulder as I stepped out of my rental car. Yep, you heard that right—I rented a Rolls Royce for the weekend to avoid sitting in the passenger seat while Leah drives.

I made my way up to Leah's front door, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. Despite all the time we've spent talking and hanging out, there's still a hint of anticipation every time we meet. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell, eager to see her smiling face again.

Leah greeted me with her trademark bright smile as she swung the door open. She was still dressed in her Arsenal training kit, but that didn't matter to me. All I wanted to do was wrap her in the biggest hug.

So that's precisely what I did. Stepping forward, I opened my arms wide. "I missed you," I whispered softly.

Leah melted into my embrace, her arms wrapping around me tightly. "I missed you too," she murmured against my chest.

Leah's voice interrupted our embrace, bringing me back to reality. "Alright, that's enough," she chuckled softly. "I stink, I need to shower."

I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "No way, you smell amazing," I countered with a grin, leaning in to nuzzle her neck affectionately. "But if you want to shower, I'll be waiting right here for you."