15

"Mooom, what should I get for her birthday? I'm totally stumped..." I groaned into my phone.

Yep, it's almost the end of March, and Leah's birthday is right around the corner. What on earth do I get her? I'm drawing a total blank...

"I'm not much help, am I? Just think of something she loves, something pure. Maybe tickets to a concert or a holiday getaway? Whatever you choose, make it special," Mom suggested.

"Fine, I'll figure something out. Thanks," I replied.

"Love you," Mom chuckled.

"Love you too," I echoed with a smile.

~

Leah's birthday is coming up, and I'm feeling a bit anxious about it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to celebrate with her in person since I have a match tomorrow. However, I've made plans to support her at her big Conti Cup final match against Chelsea on Sunday.

Tomorrow, Leah will be traveling to Wolverhampton for her match, and I'll be heading to London for my own game. After my match, I'll stay in London at our family house and join her at the stadium the next day.

Romeo and Harper are coming along with me to support Leah, while Mom and Dad have some business to take care of in London. Mom really wanted to be there for Leah's match, but she promised to join us next time.

Let me catch you up on what's been happening lately. Remember that show Mom invited Leah to?

Well, she attended, and the media went crazy with speculation. They were throwing around all sorts of theories, like suggesting everything.

Then there was this absurd idea that Leah was there as a last-minute replacement for me. Can you believe it?

And get this, there was a family dinner one night at Mom's favorite spot in London, and, of course, I had Leah with me. As soon as we stepped out of the car, the paparazzi were all over us. They snapped a bunch of photos, including one of me with my arm around Leah. You can imagine the frenzy that caused.

Our phones were blowing up with messages—some supportive, some downright hateful. People started calling us a power couple, while others accused Leah of chasing fame, claiming it wasn't genuine.

After that, we were caught by the paparazzi more often. There was even this one time they caught me giving Leah a kiss on her temple.

But you know what? We've decided not to let the public scrutiny bother us. Now, we're just doing us, freely showing affection in public without a care in the world.

Now, onto the birthday gifts. I was torn between whether I got too much or too little, but each one came straight from the heart, and, well, my wallet. But that's beside the point.

First up, it was a bit of a shot in the dark whether she'd like it, but you know, my dad's David Beckham, and he's tight with Thierry Henry. Actually so when I was little Becks my godfather became Thierry Henry, amazing right?

Everyone knows him, especially Arsenal fans, who practically worship the ground he walks on. So, knowing that Leah's all-time favourite player is Thierry Henry (because, I mean, who doesn't love the guy?), I asked him if he had any of his match-worn jerseys. And let me tell you, the man has quite the collection.