Stepfather (Leeburr-angst/fluff)

pov. Aaron Burr

I sat on my couch with my boyfriend next to me.

"I mean are you sure this is the best idea, I know you and Theo have a good father daughter relationship and I don't want to mess anything up." he stammered nervously. I held him close to me and kissed his forehead gently. Today was the day I was planning to tell Theo about my new boyfriend Charles Lee. Her mother and one of the best women I have ever met had died from cancer three years ago. after two years of loneliness and having to raise Theo on my own I met Charles. He seemed to light my world up after years of darkness. I knew that Theodosia would have approved and would be happy I was moving on. he made me feel happy and wonderful whenever he was even in the room.  I had fallen fast for him and we quickly became friends. around six months ago we started dating and those had been some of the best months I had in three years. I knew there was no replacing Theodosia but I loved  Charles just as much as I did her and I was sure Theo would feel the same.

"I bet she'll love you as her stepfather, you're one of the best people I've ever met." I said sweetly. He gave me a small grin  and I smiled tickling at his sides making him giggle. He hugged me gently and I gently rested my chin on his head. then the door opened and I noticed Charles straightened up and looked at the door nervously. Small beads of sweat formed on his fore head and I wrapped an arm around him gently. I Took a deep breath and she looked over at us. she smiled and went to her room. a few seconds later she came out of her room to go get some water.

"hey Theo can we talk for a second" I asked. she sat down on the chair across from us and I noticed Charles was avoiding eye contact with Theo.

"so Theo, I know it's only been three years and I know there's no replacing your mother but I want you to meet my new boyfriend and hopefully your stepfather someday Charles Lee" I said trying to force the growing anxiety from my voice. Charles looked up at her with a nervous expression.

"Hi Theodosia, I'm Charles Lee and I hope to get to know you someday" he stammered nervously.

"Hi" she muttered.

"Theo I was thinking-" I started, thinking that we could play a game or something together to get to know each other.

"I can't, I'm going to my room" Theo said angrily. she stormed off to her room and I looked over at Charles who glanced at me nervously. I didn't think this would happen.

"I- maybe I should go" Charles said getting up off the couch. I quickly grabbed his hand in mine.

"Charlie, don't go look I'll go talk to Theo okay, I'm sure she just needs some time." I said softly. He nodded and I got off the couch. leaving him there. I kissed his cheek and he smiled and warm blush creeping onto his face. I walked back toward Theo's room.

"Theo I said knocking on her door.

"GO AWAY" she yelled. I sighed and slowly opened her door. she was sitting on the corner of her bed and crying.

"hey Theo I-" I tried to start but was quickly interrupted.

" GET AWAY I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN" she yelled making me gasp.

"THEO, don't you dare use that tone with me" I snapped. I almost never raised my voice at her.

"DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO REPLACE MY MOTHER" she yelled back

"THEO I WOULD NEVER REPLACE HER, I'M JUST TRYING TO MOVE ON AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TO AS WELL!" I yelled back, ignoring my word choices through my anger.

"WELL I DON'T WANT A WORTHLESS STEPFATHER!" she screamed making my blood boil in my veins.

"DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT ABOUT CHARLES EVER AGAIN, YOU ARE GOING TO ACCEPT HIM AS YOUR NEW STEPFATHER, MY GOD COULD YOU JUST BE AGREEABLE ON THIS ONE THING" I screamed feeling my face turn red.