4. Anniversary

ANNIKA'S POV

ANNIKA'S POV

"How about this?"

Siya who was already done with my nakhare about her wearing a saree sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Do i have toooo!?" She slumped on the bed.

"Yess." I layed beside her and looked at her, she was thinking about something. I knew she was in a bad mood today which was rare. "Bhai likes saree you know."

A crimson colour painted on her cheeks as she looked away from me.

"Soo what?" She tried to stop herself from smiling. "It's not like a he cares." I could see her eyes showing off sadness and something beyond my imagination.

"You know he dose."

She smiled a little and looked at me. "Okay, but it's for you and maybe a little for your bhai." She got up and picked up the saree I gave her. "Vese bhi vo khadoos insaan ko sabakh sikhna hai." She smirked to herself and went to the bathroom.

( I have to teach that selfish human a lesson)
(Bhai = brother)

I got up from the bed and went to my closet and pulled out a saree too. A sigh left my mouth.

I can't even remember the last time I wore a saree, it was my farewell i guess but I hope he likes it.

My attention was drawn to siya who came out of the bathroom after changing. The green saree hugging her body, and completing her eyes. I immediately run and hug her. I mimic the action of my maa applying fake kajal behind her ear. She laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Hayeeee, if my brother ever hurts you naaa I'll just hate him forever."

She held my hand.

"You look like a swarg se utri Hui apsara." I laughed at myself.

(You look like a angle who came down from heaven)

"Now your turnnn.". She dragged me to the bathroom.

After about what seemed like 30 years we figured out how to make me feel comfortable in the saree.

It was a beautiful pink saree with light embroidery, i paired it with some jhumkas they were matching siyas and we both did our make up and got ready to go to the location.

It's been almost 2 days since I received that message. It felt like a threat but i just ignored it.

As we walked downstairs I looked over at my brother who was impatiently waiting for us. He looked up and his eyes widened as he saw Siya.

Sometimes I think he just likes her maybe in loves her. But sometimes I see him looking at her in a way that I can't describe it's as if he owns her.

"Ahem ahem bhai." I teased.

He looked at me and then back at siya holding out his hand for her. "Aww romantic." I chuckled.

Siya looked at my brother.
"No thanks." She just walked towards to door.