9. My man

𐙚

  𐙚

Present day

ANNIKA'S POV

Last night was something that hit me on the most secretive part of my life. The one I wanted to bury to deep inside myself that on one. I mean. NO ONE. could see.

The dirty past. The worst memories everything that I wanted to forget came back and hit me like a strom.

Kabhi kabhi tho mujhe ese legta hai ki Mai kudh ko hi tabha kar dungi.

(Sometimes I feel like I'll destroy myself.)

All my life everyone looked at me like a perfect doll. As if i was non living, my parents too. I am their perfect little girl. Was. Now that i look at myself I am nothing but a person full of lies and disgust.

It only took a minute to ruin me and who I was. I sometimes feel like a empty shell. I feel nothing like I am drowning deeper and deeper into the sea i couldn't swin in. As if no one could pull me out. As if i didn't even make any effort to move my limbs.

But now for some reason the empty shell in me feels something after years. I look at Rudransh who is snuggled in my chest. His face in the loose shirt I was wearing, his arms wrapped around my lower waist and his lips right on top of my tattooed chest.

I woke up about a hour ago but I can't seem to move. I don't want to wake him up. Not after Lia told me about his insomnia that he has because of his father.

My hands gently comb through his hairs. He used stay up all night making sure his father won't hurt Lia. He barely eats to the last time I saw him eat was at home when i cooked for him. Maybe I'll cook for him again someday. Everyday.

His lips move a little on my skin. "Good morning jaan." He mumbles still half asleep as he comes out of my shirt well his shirt that I am wearing.

"What's with this lovey dovey, hmm?" I place my hand on his cheek.

"Kya lovey dovey? Mai tho tumhare liye andha behera sab ho chuka hu." He said with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

(What lovey doevy? I am literally blinded and een deaf for you.)

"Pyaar Mai kya log itne cringy ho jaati hai?" I gently kiss his nose. Hai bhagwaan Mai hi cringe hu. isse kyu bolri huu?

(Do people in love get all cringy?) (Oh god I am acting cringy to. Why am telling him this?)

"Mai tho hogeya." He looks up at me. The look in his eyes soft and gentle but filled with possessiveness.