Choosing Ceremony

Zeke's Pov
Today is Tris and Uri's choosing ceremony. Uriah I know will stay but Tris, I don't know. She is really smart and could belong with the Erudite. I know she likes it here but I'm just scared. Especially since she's Divergent. I already told Four since I know he is Divergent and can help them out.

It's 8 o'clock and we leave at 10 so I go and wake them up.

I get out of bed and change and then go across the hall to the twins room. I open the door and see uri sleeping and hear him snoring loudly. I don't see Tris anywhere but hear the shower running so I know she's in there.

"Uri! Wake up!" I say and start shaking him. He still doesn't wake up so I decide to get a bowl of water. I go downstairs to the kitchen and grab the biggest bowl there is and fill it with ice water. I then go back up to Uri and pour the freezing water on him.

"Ahhhh!" He screams out and jumps out of his bed. "What was that for?!"

"You wouldn't wake up. I had no other choice. Just be happy Tris wasn't here to wake you up. She would've had something evil planned." I say and the bathroom door opens to reveal Tris wearing black leggings, a dark red tank top with her leather jacket and combat boots. Her hair still wet.

"What about me?" She asks while grabbing a brush.

"Nothing." Uri and I say in sync. I look at him and he looks at me. Creepy. And we aren't twins.

She gives us a look and then goes back in the bathroom and combs her hair and starts to braid it.

I go downstairs and make breakfast since it's an occasion. I really cant cook but I can make pancakes with chocolate chips. I get out the pancake mix and chocolate chips and then other ingredients that it says I need. I stir them all together, spread butter on the pan so they won't stick and slowly pour the pancakes into the pan. I then go upstairs and get changed myself into black jeans, shirt and converse and then go downstairs and flip the 10 pancakes I poured in. They aren't burnt so far and I'm really happy. I grab out syrup and OJ and pour the juice into 3 cups for the each of us. I grab 3 plates and put three pancakes on Uri and Tris' plates and four on mine since I'm older.

I eat one pancake by the time they both come down here so they probably think that we all had three pancakes.

"Thanks Zeke" Tris says and pours syrup on hers and eats her three. Uri does the same. We eat in silence but it's not an awkward silence. When we all are done eating, we go to the living room and watch tv.

"Uri! Give me the remote!" Tris yells as she runs over to Uriah as he turns on the tv.

"No! I got it first!" He yells back. I stand up from the couch, snatch the remote out of Uri's hand and sit back down.

"Hey!" He yells.

I ignore him and turn on sponge bob knowing that they both like it and toss the remote to Uri.

"Yay!!" The twins both yell out and then we all crack up laughing. I don't really lay attention to spongebob I just keep track of the time.

By the end of the show, it is 9:30.

"Time to go!" I yell and make my way to the door.

Tris Pov

Time Lapse

"Tris Pedrad"

I hear my name and breathe in slightly. I stand up and go up onto the stage and grab the knife. I cut myself and pause.

Will I be safe in Dauntless? Tori told me I needed to be careful but I can trust my brothers to help me. Yea. I can't leave them. I need them in my life. I don't belong to another faction.

I put my hand over the coals.

Sssssssssssssssss

"Dauntless."

All the dauntless cheer as I make my way back up to my seat. Uriah and Zeke are smiling bigger than they should. Were they worried about me leaving?

"Uriah Pedrad"

Uriah shoots up, runs to the stage and quickly cuts himself and drops his blood into the coals.

The dauntless cheer and laugh since that only lasted like 2 seconds when others lasted like 10 minutes.

I zone out for the rest of the ceremony and when it's time to leave, I get up and sprint out the door.

I'm one of the fastest dauntless since I'm small so I am in the front. I run past other faction members who dodge me as I charge through.

I climb up the pole and wait for all the other dauntless to get up here.

"Wow trissy! You're fast!" Uriah exclaims as he reaches the top and steps up beside me.

"Don't call me that." I say pretending to push him. "You know I don't like that name."

"Okay Trissy." He says again and smiles. I roll my eyes.

Everyone gets up and soon the train comes and we all hop on. I see a Candor girl having trouble so I grab he arm and pull her in.

"Thanks." She says while trying to catch her breath.

"No prob. I'm tris."

"Christina."

Soon enough we get to the dauntless faction and we need to jump off. Christina looks a bit nervous so we decide to jump together.

"Ready?" She nods. "One. Two. Three." I say and we run and leap over the gap and I land on my feet and keep running from the momentum where as she falls and rolls.

I wait for her and we both walk to the ledge where Eric is. He does his speech, nothing different, and then it's time for someone to jump.

"Who wants to go first?"

"ME!!!!" Uri and I both yell at the same time. Everyone looks shocked and Uri smiles and laugh while I take the advantage and run up to the ledge and jump down. I scream with joy as I fall and hit the net and bounce a few times.

I feel the net moving and I climb out with the help of Four.

"Wow. You beat Uriah! He's been talking about going first forever" he says and we both laugh.

"First jumper Tris!!"