26. Distracted

Hello my dear lovely readers hope you are doing well so back with a new part and sorry for the late update.

Note- English is not my first language so please kindly ignore the grammatical mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piyush POV

I wanted to confess in the way I had planned , but things became so urgent that I didn't think about anything and she was saying anything at that time so I wanted to clear the things and i confessed to her but that too like a fool no flowers or anything , at the very least, I would have gotten down on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?" Like I had assumed, but I didn't, and the way she panicked  God, I had to find out why." "Sir, they are here; shall we start the meeting?" remarked Mr. Madhav as I was reflecting on yesterdays things . I nodded and stood up to proceed to the conference room.

"What made her panic? She was fine up until I mentioned marriage. Wait, is she scared of getting married or is she missing her past my husband? No, she claimed that marriage meant nothing to her and...."

"SIR"

"SIR!!"

I snapped out of my reverie when I heard my client speak. I don't know how many times he called, but I was completely lost. Ahhh I am totally distracted today.

"Oh sorry continue...." I said and paid my attention towards the meeting.

I told my client, "That's a great idea," and he said, "We're happy to hear that, sir." "I'll think it over and let you know," I replied as I stood up. "Hope we'll finalize it," he said, with a handshake. The meeting then came to an end.

"She got rid of me by marrying off "

"Now I am a widow"

"So do you still like me or still want to marry me?"

"No...no I can't marry "

All of her words were rushing through my mind, but what was confusing me was why she panicked and refused to marry "Sir" again. I was interrupted by Madhav ji. who said "Sir, you appear lost today; is there a problem? " I replied " No, Madhav ji, that is nothing " , " I suppose you should get some rest sir " he suggested.

I nodded, thinking that he's probably right and I should leave since I had to get Nidhi at that time. I then drove to her college, picked her up, and we were on our way home.

"Bhai, Bhai stop !" "I stopped the car then asked "Why Nidhi." I answered She pointed out the window and said, "Sorry Bhai, I totally forgot I have to buy some stationery stuff." She stated . "Well, you could tell it slowly right, what was the need to yell come let's go," i said and got down as we started to go. Suddenly, my phone rang, and I saw it was Mr. Madhav. she glared at me as I was about to pick up "Bhai phir se phone." I said "Sorry, behna, but it's important you go. I'll be there in five minutes okay," She nodded and left , and I picked up the call.

After a few minutes, I hung up the phone and was about to go to Nidhi. Suddenly, I felt a touch on my back and heard the name "Piyush." When I turned around, it was Palak's father. "Ohh uncle aap yaha," I said. He replied " I was just passing by beta"

I just said "Ohhh"

Kailash ji - Beta I still wanted to talk with you that day but I was not able to talk.

"What uncle you can say it now " I assured

Kailash ji - Beta I had to tell you about Palak's past she's a window beta actually she was forcefully married and then her husband died after 3 months of their marriage and.......

" I know uncle i spoke with her she told me about it " I said

Kailash ji - Did you??

"yes uncle and I don't care about her past uncle ?" I stated

Kailash ji - What did she say? Did she agree?

" No uncle she panicked as i talked about the marriage and she went "

Kailash ji - Oh no, I expected that. Actually, she is scared of marriage beta because she was forced to marry and has suffered greatly as a result. She was a really charming girl, but it faded when she married. After her husband died, I brought her and made her to live in a separate place, made her study, and then join the college as a lecturer. It took her a long time to become normal, but she's still not moving on because she's terrified about the thought of marriage.

"Give me a chance, uncle. I will definitely bring back the old Palak; she has become everything for me, uncle, and now I can't imagine myself without her "I reassured

Kailash ji - However, what about your family? Have you discussed it with them and would they consent?

"I haven't discussed yet, but after speaking with them, they will, I promise " I remarked

Kailash ji - Are you sure?

"Yes uncle but Palak "

Kailash ji - Okay then you talk to your family beta I'll convince Palak .

" Okay unc....."

Kailash ji - Okay beta i have to go now.

I nodded then he left

"Bhai ?" When I heard Nidhi yelling, I turned to her with a horrified expression, wondering if she had heard our chat. "What did I hear now?" she asked seriously.

SHIT! She heard it.

"Is it true, BHAI?" she inquired coldly. I nodded. God, why is Nidhi acting this way.

"You...you love Palak dii "she inquired  I nodded once again.

"YAYY!!! BHAI I am so happy for you "  suddenly exclaimed and started jumping "It means Palak Dii will become my Bhabhi " Ohh my little sister was just acting .

"Yes Behna "

"Yayy!!! Palak bhabhi" she was continually jumping .I grabbed her and forced her to stop. "Wait wait listen to me first don't tell anyone okay i myself will talk to mom and dad okay " I said

"OKAY SIR as you command," she added, saluting in a dramatic tone, to which I giggled as we got inside the car.

"Bhaiii....." She called me softly "hmmm" and I asked, "Can I ask you something?" She inquired with curiosity, "No, Nidhi, no questions now."

"Hawww bhaiiiii " she started her drama.

"Okay I'll answer to your questions but not now " i said

"OKAY " She said dramatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was the part guys do tell me in the comments.

Do follow me on instagram for the spoiler and other updates.

Hope you liked it ❤️

Vote , Comment and Share.