Chapter 3: THE ARRIVAL

After exactly 5 hours on air, an announcement was made about our arrival in Nigeria and, we'll be landing in a few minutes. This is not happening. This is like being awake in a nightmare. I just wonder how this place will treat me. I miss my dad already.

          While i was having a conversation with my inner self, another announcement came up about our landing. Now i wanted to scream my voice out. If there was a way i could stay on air forever, i would. How i wish i could sneak in to an airplane going to another country without being caught. Help me Lord.

           Thank the Lord we arrived safely at the Murtala Mohammed airport in Lagos, Nigeria. It was not as bad as i thought. Everyone who welcomed us at the airport was homily. Maybe I'm having second thoughts about nigerians. I did all that was necessary and found myself a cab to take me to a good hotel. I avoided anything that would make me live with any of my mother's siblings or relative. They all behave alike.

           I got to a hotel not to far from the airport. Immediately i got down from the cab, i felt my phone buzzing in my hand bag. I paid the cab driver and brought out the phone. The caller us read "DAD" and it made me very happy.

            "Hello, good evening dad!

            "Iris! I'm so glad you picked my call. It means you've landed. I've been so restless since your departure. Its evening over there?"

            "Yes dad. Its almost 6pm here"

             "Wow, its almost 7pm here. At least we aren't far apart when it comes to time. Now i know when to call you. I'm so glad you arrived Nigeria safely. Thank the lord"

              "I'm glad too. All the people I've crossed paths with since my arrival, have been very welcoming."

             "That's good to know my darling. Have you had anything?"

              "No dad. I was just about to lodge at a hotel before you called."

              "A hotel? Why a hotel? Your mother's brother lives there in lagos, why spend money for accommodation?"

              "I want peace of mind for now dad. Maybe I'll go there after a week or so!"

              "Okay darling, soothe yourself. I'll call you after sometime. Make sure you eat something okay. Bye!"

             "Bye Dad" he hung up. After the call i made my way into the hotel. It was beautiful. I really underestimated Nigerians. This guys live in their own world.

             Entering the hotel i met a very beautiful dark skin lady. Without anyone telling me, i could tell she's the hotel receptionist. I walked up to her to lodge .

             "Good evening, your welcome to our hotel. How may i help you?" that was good and polite. I'll give her a ten for politeness.

             "Good evening, I'll like to lodge here"

              "Alright" she quickly stared at the screen of a laptop that was placed on the table where she was. After ten seconds she called my attention. "Room 19, 20, 23 and 25 are free. Which would you like to pick and how long will you stay?"

             Now i have to make a decision. I'd like to stay for six nights but i don't think that will be a good decision. Without waisting more time i decided to stay for four nights. "I'll go with room 19 and I'll like to stay for four nights"

             "That's five days. We charge twenty thousand naira per night which is eighty thousand naira for four nights. But we give a 10% discount when the pay is above fifty thousand naira. So you'll be paying seventy thousand naira instead of eighty."