Chapter 18: DAMN!

Two months later!

              Thank goodness, today was a  bit fair. That's why i love Fridays; They're always stress free for me. At least, i'll have time to chill out and take myself on a treat. Having my own car and my own apartment is just the icing on the cake. I could stay out for as long as i want without feeling guilty or disrespectful.

              "Cecilia!" I echoed from the Ankara stack where i stood with a measuring tape hanging around my neck. I need to ensure everything is in order before i leave. I've really learnt a lot in the past two months.

              "Yes miss Iris!" Cecilia answered walking hurriedly towards me.

              "Have those people that came to buy a hundred yards of golden lace yesterday completed their payments as they promised?"

             "Yes miss. They paid up the five hundred thousand debt they were owing around 2pm today."

              "Oh...that's good. And also, when did twenty of this jumping horse Ankara materials leave here without my knowledge?"

               "Sorry miss. When i came to your office to show you the receipt, you were asleep."

                "Oh, okay. That's fine. Was the payments complete?"

              "Yes miss. Everything was paid."

              "Alright. You can go back your duty post. I'll be leaving the store an hour before closing time. I need to give myself a treat. So you and the other guys need to be rounding up. Make sure the store is locked exactly when it's supposed to."

            "Okay miss Iris." She responded and walked back to her duty post. I finished what i was doing at the stack and turned to return to my office. As i was about entering my office, my eyes subconsciously went to the entrance.

          Noah was standing at the entrance, his arms folded as he leaned on one side of the entrance with his right shoulder, his right leg crossed over his left. He was putting on a dark green sweater, a pair of black jeans matching with a pair of black boots. His afro was styled in coils just like the last time i saw him. He stood motionless, looking at .e dead in the eye.

          I closed my office door and walked up to him. I was actually shocked to see him. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed, maintaining my distance from him.

          "Not bad..." He responded, roaming his eyes around the store.

           "That doesn't answer my question. What are you doing here and how did you know i work here? In fact, how did you find your way back to my life? You became non existent to me after February 16."

          "Ouch....." He said sarcastically. "Firstly, i'll rate you a zero for politeness. That's a bad way to treat a visitor or customer. Secondly....." He walked up to me, unfolding his hand and putting them in his pockets. " I'm here to take you out. You know, as a way of saying sorry for our last encounter."

              "I'm not interested. You can just say sorry and leave."

             "Within a short period of one day with you, i realized that actions speak louder than words for you."

             "And what do you mean by that?" I asked, trying to conceal my anger.

              "Well, the first time was when i offered to give you a ride, as an  apology for unintentionally intruding while you were trying to call your aunt. And, you agreed. But when i said sorry for getting intimate with you unintentionally, you snubbed me. And you still hold that anger till this day." He said with his lips forming a smirk.