Chapter 14: IRIS POV

Iris....Concentrate and be yourself!!!

          How do i do this? How can i keep calm? I never expected to see this guy. After a few minutes the wedding ceremony started. We all walked into the Church and took our seat. I looked up at the altar and met Noah standing beside the groom and staring at me.

             I took in a deep breath and released it. Noah staring at me, the corset and my contacts were really making me uncomfortable. Luckily, Cecilia noticed how uncomfortable i was and gave me her small electric fan. God bless her.

          After some minutes, everyone stood up and i followed suit. I turned around and saw the bride walking down the aisle. Looking at Jasmine, a little tear dropped from my right eye. I stared at her eyes and she was crying, and so was the groom. One wouldn't understand until you hear all the trials and temptations they passed through to get here. Truly, marriage is a beautiful thing.

          I watched them exchange vows. I found it hard to concentrate because Cecilia kept disturbing my ears with how she would love to marry an Italian man and how she would love to catch the bouquet when it's thrown. She really is a blabber mouth. My gaze moved to Noah and still met him staring at me. This was getting uncomfortable.

***********************************

           Finally, the wedding service was over. There was a little dancing and it was time to throw the bouquet. Almost every unmarried female gathered behind Jasmine. They all struggled to take a position that seemed okay for them to catch it. I on the other hand, was really uncomfortable. I picked up my purse and phone and walked to the exit door. Immediately i was about stepping out, the bouquet was thrown and it fell in front of me.

            "Wow....Miss Iris, your next." Cecilia said as she jumped up and down like a child.

            "God has revealed the next bride." Jasmine shouted and they all clapped.

           "It's possible that her future husband is here in our mist." Said Jasmine's chief bridesmaid.

          "Yup, very possible." Said Jasmine's husband, Yinka.

         "I wonder who it is!!!" Cecilia replied throwing her hands in the air. Now the conversations was getting uncomfortable for me. I picked up the flower and turned to the people standing behind.

          "Uhm...well...i guess i'm the next in line. I'll just wait and see." I said and cleared the air. They all cheered. I turned and met Noah staring straight at me like a hunter focused on his prey. I rendered no thought to him and made my exit. I was having a bad headache, my lungs were finding it hard work, my eyes were itchy, my feet were swollen; I literally looked like a piece of shit.

       I walked out into the car park and stood. Because of how disorganized i was, i forgot to call my aunty to come and pick me. I turned on my phone and checked the time, 1:27pm. I dialed my Aunty's number and was about to hit the call button when i heard someone call my name from behind.

         "Hey, Iris." Said the voice. I turned around and met Noah standing behind me. His left hand in his pocket and the right hand clutched around a cup of red wine. He sipped from the cup and stared at me, waiting for my response.

        "Well, hello Noah." I replied, using my hand to block sun rays from reflecting into my eyes.

         "Uhm..." He paused and looked at my standing posture. "What's the matter? Are you alright?"

         "Uhm....yeah." I said and took a pause. "To be honest with you, i'm not."

         "I thought as much. Have you had anything to eat?" Asked Noah.