Chapter 43

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Want some?" You asked, offering him your pocky sticks.

Satoru nodded, taking two of them, as he began chewing on them.

"Strawberry? Suguru hates these." He remarked, huffing, with a smile.

You grinned at his words.

"I know." You said, also smiling.

Suguru, huh?

"Did you... Meet him, before coming?" You asked, looking at him.

He looked at you.

"Yeah. Got your address from him."

"How was he? I never asked..." You mumbled, looking at him.

"He's fine, was concerned as to why you weren't one of the first people to go see him." Gojo said, taking another bite of the pocky.

"Everyone was quite concerned about your sudden absence." Gojo said, looking at you, as you both sat down in front of the pond, where you and Aiko usually sat.

Most of your family were out, something regarding a combat competition. Aiko against members from other clans

You would usually have to attend those events too, but since Gojo was at home, and he was your guest, (and you insisted on staying, cause it's too cold to be out and nice), your mom suggested you stay at home.

And you were glad to oblige.

So, at home were only you, Gojo, a few aunts and uncles, and servants.

You hummed, looking down at your lap.

"I can't blame them, I did leave suddenly." You spoke, with a hint of regret in your eyes.

"Why." Satoru asked.

You looked back at him, biting on your tongue.

"I know you said you needed time, but... It's eating away at me. If it wasn't my fault, and everything seemed fine, why did you leave?" He asked, looking at you.

Crap. Were you brave enough to face this confrontation right now?

Fuck... You had to be. You can't expect him to wait forever for your stupid reasons.