Chapter 3

The Wanderer

I stood frozen feeling numb my legs are all weak like I'm about to collapse. My social anxiety will get me into a heart attack one day. I love hosting my signing parties and meeting my fans, but it always gives me a panic attack, sometimes I don't know what to say. "Pull yourself together!" Luna whispered in my ear. Then I plastered my pretentious smile and made my way towards the table. I sat down while lifting the mic off the table as I spoke "Thanks to everyone one for being here and for all of your love. And sorry for the delay, so let's get started. And please consider everyone's safety, there's no rush as I'll be here all day for each and every one of you. " With a round of applause it begins I can see faces beaming with joy and excitement laid in their eyes, this is my favorite part.

Luna is right behind me gawking at me, I'm about to get a lecture after this about how I should have been here on time, this and that. She's more motherly than my mom have ever been. I love her we've known each other since college. She's my sister, my partner in crime and my manager.
She's so damn gorgeous with her hourglass perfect body and long slender legs, with siren eyes. And her golden hair at shoulder length. Most of my fashion sense and outfits are her contribution as I'm too lazy to care.
I noticed familiar faces in the crowd and greeted them with a warm smile. Some of my fans handed me some bookmarks, roses, bracelets and chocolates my favorite. Though I don't like receiving gifts, but how can someone say no to chocolates?
The little boy about 10-11 years old, in front of me asked, "Is that hair of yours' natural? " Handing me the first ever book of me released. It made me chuckle,

"Yeah it is, I'm blessed with Asian genes," I continued "Shouldn't you be focusing on your study books, at your age?"He seems scared, I tried to comfort him by giving him a rose from the nearby flower vase.

"It's not for me, he asked me to get it signed. " He replied pointing at the back of the crowd.

I tried to catch a sight of the person he mentioned but he wasn't there. As I was about to ask further, the boy disappeared through the crowd with the book and the rose. Some people are introverted so it's common I guess. But why did the little boy look so scared? Enzo gently squeezes my shoulder gesturing me to concentrate.
It's past noon when everything finally completed and everyone left. I'm feeling all drowsy, Enzo brought us cold coffee and we three sat down together.
"I guess it'll be enough for you to get back on track and people will soon forget that disaster. " Luna stated while taking a sip. I agreed with a nod. "Let's have dinner together then, a form of small celebration " Enzo asked. " I'm too tired" He cut me short " You were about to make up for tomorrow right?" I nodded knowing there's no escape today. That brat! I don't know how to face him though.
Luna gives me a side eye, she's still mad but concerned.

I fucked up bad in the last signing ceremony and it was live. It was all over the internet and to cover that up, we had to held another one. Well this time it went pretty well !
I was starving when we arrived at my favourite dining place La Pinoz. Luna sat beside me and Enzo was across the table gesturing the waiter to take our orders.

We ordered way too much,. Pasta for all three of us, a pizza and fries with cold drinks for them and Chamomile tea for me. For the past few days I can't think straight, I've had a lot going on in my mind, I'll help sooth my emotions.

At the last event, I almost fainted seeing the red fluid which almost dripped off the table on my skirt. I froze and was unable to move, my mind went blank and my feet became numb. This colour reminded me of my childhood incident, I had blood all over my hand, but the blood wasn't mine.

"What is it?" Enzo asked looking worried. I shook my head in denial but neither he nor Luna were satisfied. "Tell us, you know we're here for you right?" Luna said holding my hand and giving me a gentle squeeze. Tears started flooding my eyes.

I don't remember the last time I cried my eyes out like this. "I want to leave" Wiping my eyes I blurted through my broken voice. "Ok then! Move in with me or with Luna, wherever you want sunshine but please stop crying."
Luna passing me the tissue gestures towards the washroom. She followed me and embraced me in a warm hug. I cried while hugging her for a while, and she remained silent gently patting my shoulder. I quickly freshened up and then she asked, "Again? " I nodd unable to meet her eyes. She hugged me again this time leaving me breathless.

"I know I ruined your previous event but don't choke me for that. " I mocked. She chuckled, "I'll rather shoot you instead next time. " We went back to our table, there was an expensive wine at the centre and glasses were all set.

We gave Enzo a questioning look, he himself looked puzzled. "The waiter brought it with a note." He handed me a small folded piece of paper.

'Darling,'

Thanks for the Rose! It breaks my heart to see you like this, don't make me murder whoever the hell made you cry. I don't know your preference so I ordered the best! Dying to meet you soon.

Your Husband.'

"Who sent this? Your lover?" Luna questions beaming with curiosity. "NO! I'm not, it's from..." I don't know what to say both of them are staring at me. "A fan of mine." I continued. "Oh, I forgot it's YOU I shouldn't get my hopes high." Luna mocked, Enzo remained silent.

He suddenly stood up and while checking his phone blurted, "I'm leaving, something came up." I know him from the fucking twenty five years of my life and he's never like this. I'm worried about him, I know he's hurt. Maybe I should go check on him on my way home.

It's now me and Luna, "Let's not waste the goodies, we both need this!" Excitedly Luna blurted out. I've no idea why she's so excited. I'm not into drinking occasionally I'll have one or two.
"Oh geez! This fucker won't open..." Out of nowhere a waiter arrived, "Let me do that for you ma'am."
We chatted for a while but most of it I don't remember, all I can remember is that we were giggling the whole night.
After some time,
The world is spinning why the fuck I've to drink this much. We're totally drunk when we're finished. The waiter helped us out and called a cab for us.
"Let's get you home, missy." I don't like her drunk tone. My house was nearby so Luna dropped me first, she's barely drunk.

I tried my best not to collapse by nearly stumbling upon the pavement. My ankle is hurting like a bitch.

And then while I was about to reach my front porch a little stone betrayed me. My face was about to hit the ground when someone picked me up by my waist. I can feel the iron grip, I can trust them more than my legs now.

All I feel now is the warmth and the musky fragrance burning my nose. His hands are rough yet comfortable and I scoot closer then drift away in my slumber. The last thing I remember,

He hugged me tightly.