37. Exploring Mumbai

( Next Day )

Priya and Kookie had been dating for a while, and while their relationship was blossoming, Priya wanted to ensure her parents fully understood how wonderful Kookie was. She decided to plan a special day where they could all spend time together, getting to know each other better.

They started the day with a homemade brunch at Priya's place. Kookie showcased his culinary skills, preparing a delicious spread of pancakes, omelets, and freshly squeezed orange juice. Priya's parents were impressed by his thoughtfulness and talent in the kitchen.

After brunch, they played board games and shared stories from their lives. Kookie shared memories from his childhood, revealing his playful and caring nature, while Priya's parents opened up about their own experiences and aspirations. As they laughed and bonded over shared interests, Priya observed how effortlessly Kookie fit into her family dynamic.

Later in the day, they took a stroll in the park, enjoying the fresh air and lush greenery. Priya's dad, a nature enthusiast, pointed out different bird species, while her mom reminisced about her own childhood adventures in the park. Kookie listened attentively, genuinely interested in learning more about Priya's family and their shared experiences.

( After arriving back at the house.
Priya's parents where in the living room watching serial where as kookie and Priya where in terrace enjoying some alone time with a cup of tea )

Priya : Today was good right ?

Kookie : Yeah, I loved it. We should do this more often.

Priya : Yeah.. ( Priya said in a low voice as she went into her deep thinking )

Kookie : What happened? Is something bothering you ?

Priya : Yeah.. It's the same thing.. How to tell my parents about us.. ( she said with a sigh )

Kookie : Look at you! You were the most excited to come back to India and tell about us to your parents and now you are the most nervous one ( kookie said with a chuckle )

Priya : This is not funny koo.. ( she said as she looked at the view )

Kookie : I know Priya.. Let me tell you what I was thinking.. I thought rather than fasting up things we should take it slow..

Priya : What do you mean ?

Kookie : You know there is no rush to tell them about us.. Let me first make a bond with them.. Like let them get comfortable with me and then we can take things forward? Right ?

Priya : Yeah! Right! Kookie, Mumbai has so much to offer, and I want you to experience it all with me and my parents.

Kookie: I'd love to! I haven't had the chance to explore much of India yet, so this would be a great opportunity.

Priya: Exactly! We can start with the Gateway of India, it's an iconic landmark and a must-visit for anyone coming to Mumbai.

Kookie: Sounds amazing! I've seen pictures of it, but I can't wait to see it in person.

Priya: Then we can walk along Marine Drive, especially during sunset. The view is breathtaking.

Kookie: Wow, that sounds romantic. I'm all in for that.

Priya: And of course, we can't miss out on the street food at Chowpatty Beach. You have to try some of Mumbai's famous snacks!

Kookie: Street food? Count me in! I'm always up for trying new things.

Priya: Perfect! And we can also explore the markets at Colaba Causeway, do some shopping, and soak in the vibrant atmosphere.

Kookie: That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

Priya: Oh, and we can't forget about the Elephanta Caves. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the sculptures there are incredible.

Kookie: I'm intrigued. I've never seen anything like that before.

Priya: It's going to be an unforgettable experience, Kookie. I'm so excited to show you around my city and share these moments with my parents.

Kookie: I'm excited too, Priya. Thank you for including me in this adventure. I can't wait to explore Mumbai with you and your family.

( Next Day )

Kookie and Priya were thrilled to explore Mumbai with Priya's parents. They had been planning this trip for weeks, and finally, the day had arrived. With a list of places to visit and excitement in their hearts, they set out early in the morning.

Their first stop was the iconic Gateway of India. As they approached the majestic structure, Kookie's eyes widened in awe. "Wow, it's even more stunning in person!" he exclaimed, snapping photos from different angles. Priya's parents shared stories of their own visits to the Gateway, adding to the charm of the experience.

Next, they strolled along Marine Drive, enjoying the sea breeze and panoramic views of the Arabian Sea. Priya's mom pointed out the famous Chowpatty Beach, where they planned to indulge in some delicious street food later in the day.

Their adventure continued as they made their way to the bustling streets of Colaba Causeway. Priya's dad led the way, expertly navigating through the maze of shops and stalls. Kookie and Priya couldn't resist picking up souvenirs and trinkets along the way, while Priya's mom haggled with vendors, always managing to get the best deals.

Feeling hungry after their shopping spree, they headed to Leopold Cafe, a popular spot known for its delicious food and vibrant atmosphere. Over plates of mouthwatering Indian and continental dishes, they shared stories and laughter, creating memories that would last a lifetime.

With their appetites satisfied, they decided to visit the Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located on Elephanta Island. After a short ferry ride, they arrived at the island and embarked on a journey through history, marveling at the intricate rock-cut sculptures and ancient architecture.

As the day drew to a close, they made one final stop at Juhu Beach to catch the sunset. They walked along the shore, feeling the sand between their toes and watching as the sky transformed into a kaleidoscope of colors.

As they sat together, watching the waves crash against the shore, Priya squeezed Kookie's hand, feeling grateful for this unforgettable day spent exploring Mumbai with her loved ones. With hearts full of happiness and memories to cherish, they knew that this was just the beginning of their adventures together.