Make Them Suffer

Monday morning Danny doesn't come to school.

I can hear people talking shit in the halls, rumors spread fast.

I saw Liam laughing with the football team in the lunch room and I wanted to nail him in the face with a tray.

How does he not feel bad about what he did?

I thought he liked Danny.

That's not how you treat someone you care about.

I had to keep a tight leash on Aaron all day, he was furious and just wanted to go after anyone in his path but I knew Danny would be pissed if he did.

It was hard to keep telling him not to react. I wanted to do the same thing.

After school Aaron was going to drop me off at physio but I didn't want to go. I had other things on my mind and decided to call and tell them I wasn't coming, at least then they couldn't get mad if I didn't show up.

Kaden said to come Wednesday instead and I agreed.

Eden came with us and after Aaron picked up Penelope, we went to see Danny.

He looked a little better, he could open his left eye but it was so bloodshot you would have sworn he was wearing a creepy contact.

He was impressed that Aaron managed to make it through the day without decking someone, but he was pacing and you could see he was ready to blow.

"How are you not pissed right now, I can't even look at those guys without wanting to kill them." Aaron huffs clenching his fists tight.

"I should have known they would find out eventually, I knew Liam would never admit to anything. It was my own damn fault. I cant blame anyone but myself. " he mumbles through his split lip.

"Fuck Liam, he's a coward, he's the one you should be mad at." I hiss.

"I can't be mad at him for not wanting them to know, they're assholes, shit look what they did to me and I'm not one of their little brotherhood. He was just protecting himself." Danny insists sitting up slowly.

"Yeah, at your expense." Penelope frowns.

"Guys seriously, just drop it. I don't want you to do anything. If Owen hadn't seen the text and took Liams phone this never would have happened. I don't think Liam thought it would go as far as it did, he kept telling them to stop, and honestly if it wasn't for him being there they probably wouldn't have." he sighs.

"So we go after Owen." Aaron barks jumping out of his seat.

"No you won't. Are you stupid? That's a battle your definitely going to loose, I don't care how hyped up and pissed you are. You cant take him on, he has too many friends and never fights alone. They'll kill you." Danny orders glaring at his brother. Aaron stares back at him but eventually looks away and sits back down with a huff. I never really got why Aaron listened Danny, I'm pretty sure if they went head to head Aaron would kick his ass. Maybe it has something to do with Danny being slightly older, although I'm not sure how twelve minutes makes any difference. At least he listens to someone I guess.