Tattered and Torn

I sat up so fast my head was spinning. My hands were shaking and I knew I couldn't wait while i tried to text him so i just called.

"Aaron? What the fuck happened?!" I yell as soon as he picks up, not giving him a chance to say anything.

"Some guy found him unconscious in the park and called an ambulance. They beat the shit out of him man!" Aarons voice was harsh but he was whispering, I could hear him curse under his breath and hit something.

"Who did? What are you talking about?"

"Owen and his buddies. Liam was the one he's been hanging around with. Apparently some of the guys on the team saw him looking at a picture Danny sent him in the locker room and started harassing him about it. Rather than admit what was going on he threw Danny under the buss, told them he's been hitting on him and sending him pictures. They got him to bring him out to the park and they jumped him. Five of the bastards beat the crap out of him! I'm gonna fucking kill them!" he fumes and I can hear his voice getting louder.

"Aaron, focus! Is Danny ok?" I yell swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"He has a concussion, five broken ribs and a shit ton of bruises. They said he's going to be ok but they kept him overnight, mom said he can come home this afternoon. They used him as a fucking punching bag man. They're dead, I swear to god they're dead!"

"Let me know when you get home. I want to see him."

"I will, we gotta figure out what were going to do, they are not getting away with this." Aaron hisses and hangs up the phone.

I let out a jagged breath and check the time.

Fuck it's only six.

Well I'm too wired to go back to sleep now.

I get dressed and get up pacing my room until I hear mom get up.

After telling her what happened I ask if she'll take me down there this afternoon.

Waiting for Aaron to text me is torture.

Every minute seems like an hour.

I call Eden and tell her about Danny. I think she could sense the panic in my voice, she kept telling me to calm down, that he would be ok. She's just as concerned as I am, she's a part of our group now and when you hurt one of us you hurt us all. She asks if we'll pick her up on the way over there and i agree.

Before I hang up Aaron messages me that their home and I tell her were coming.

Mom drives so fricken cautious the whole way there, i just want to scream at her to hit the damn gas and move!

When we finally get there Aaron takes us to the living room and Danny's laying on the couch.

He's so still he almost looks like a corpse, his breathing is shallow and each breath looks like it hurts.