☆彡𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬.

Haven't updated in a while, my bad.

It's late too. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. Whyyyyyy! TT

✌︎('ω')✌︎

The teacher handed me a sheet of paper with a B- written on the top right corner.

"Sometimes cram school isn't enough, sometimes one may need a tutor." She said.

I raised an eyebrow in annoyance, "I do have a tutor."

"Ah~" she smiled awkwardly and turned to walk away.

The teacher continued to pass out the rest of the papers from the calculus exam we took last Friday.

I glanced toward the front of the classroom. Kageyama and Hinata sat with their desks facing the wall. The teacher had gotten so sick of their bickering that she took 'talk to the wall' literally. The teacher hovered over them and placed their papers face down.

"Like I said, sometimes a tutor is necessary."

As soon as Kageyama and Hinata flipped the papers a dark cloud formed above them — also, I swear I saw a tear or two from them both.

How bad did they do??

✌︎('ω')✌︎

"Rollingggg Thuderrrrr!"

I sat on the floor chewing rubbery pork belly from the cafeteria since I had forgotten my bento box at home. All while watching the Karasuno boys' volleyball club practice. Or more like watching Nishinoya throw himself to the ground while shouting some weird phrase, we were all tired of.

Kageyama and Hinata however.... were in the club room getting scolded by Daichi. I could hear his inherently loud and deep voice from a mile away.

"Ukai, did your dad mention anything about practice matches recently?" Suga asked as he sat down beside me whilst wiping sweat from his forehead with a towel.

"No, we don't really talk much about Volleyball — unless he's upset about the team's recent performance... happens quite often."

Suga's chest rose and dropped steadily as he laughed.

I took one last bite of my pork belly before I finally caved and threw it in the trash bin.

"Why do you ask?" I said as I made my way back to the spot next to him.

He sighed, "Rumor has it we will be attending a practice match."

"Okay?" I said unsure of his point.

"With multiple schools."

"So like a training camp?"

"Yes, exactly."

I thought for a second, "But I thought you had to be really good to get invited to one of those training camps."

Suga eyed me sassily, "The hell is that supposed to mean."

✌︎('ω')✌︎

"Fukurōdani, Nekoma, Karasuno, Aoba Johsai, Shiratorizawa, and Inarizaki."

My head spun so hard it gave me whiplash. That's a lot of men. Conventionally attractive men.

My dad continued, "These are some of the best teams, some of which are nationally ranked-"

"We can take each and every one of them!" Hinata sprung from his chair with confidence.

But Coach Ukai quickly shut it down with an impaling stare.

"We need to prepare. This may be a training camp but there's no way in hell we're going in unprepared."

The boys all nodded and left to continue practicing.

I intended to follow after them but my dad stretched out his arm to prevent me from leaving. I looked up at him with confusion and mild annoyance.

"What?" I said.

"You're coming with us."

His words echoed in my brain but I retained nothing. Going with them. My eyebrows furrowed, and my dad continued before I could even say anything.

"Yachi's mom wants to steal her away for a mother-daughter weekend," he rubs the back of his neck, "We're down a manager... are you up for it?"

"No."

"Y/n."

"Fine. I'll do it."

✌︎('ω')✌︎

Kuroo POV

"It's raining."

"We're going to be inside of a gymnasium."

"But what about my game boy?"

"Just put it away so it doesn't get wet."

Kenma scowled as he shoved (gently) his game boy into his bag and brought the hood of his jacket over his head. The sight of him not being stubborn and putting his game in a Ziploc just to play with it as we walk into the gym is shocking... he's growing up.

The team strode through the entrance and in unison beheld all of the participating teams in the training camp. We were ready to take them all on... and win.

Yaku walked up beside me and pointed to the left side of the court, "Look, it's the freaky quick duo."

Kageyama was strangling Hinata. Daichi and Tanaka ran to pry them off of each other before one killed the other. It was a funny sight.

Funny enough to make someone laugh.

My ear perked as I took in the familiarity of a gentle laugh. I followed its sound until my eyes landed on an elegant figure. Hito sat beside Kiyoko who laughed alongside her at the sight of the boy's rowdy behavior. White ankle socks, Adidas sambas, grey sweatpants, and a loose white t-shirt with her school's name, Karasuno.

"Close your mouth, Kuroo. You're practically drooling," Yaku said as he and the rest of the team pushed past me. My body moved from the contact of their bumping shoulders but once I was left alone I remained as still as an untouched pool. Mesmerizing, truly stilling — breathtaking even. She always had been, but it was easier to pretend she wasn't than to unveil the riveting emotions causing chaos in my mind and driving my focus away from what's important — volleyball.

I breathed a shakey breath and diverted my gaze ahead. I'm here to train. I closed my eyes and stood still for a moment before nodding to myself and heading to the locker room.

✌︎('ω')✌︎

Kuroo being feral for y/n is so refreshing