☆彡 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝

I'm exhausted ಠ_ಠ
.
<3

✌︎('ω')✌︎
Kuroo's POV

Oikawa and Iwa kept talking amongst each other while sparing a few looks my way.

What were they up to?

"Hey, hey, hey! I wanna go against you guys first!"

Bokuto slapped my back before calling for Akaashi, "Keiji and I have been working on new attacks! You aren't ready for it!"

Keiji.

"Since when are you two on first name basis?"

Bokuto froze for a second before rubbing the back of his neck and laughing nervously. His hand tugged on his collar slightly but enough to reveal a hickey at his nape. I knew then what was happening — but since they both looked uncomfortable, I let it go.

I slapped Bokuto's arm playfully and excused myself to use the bathroom. I actually needed to go. Not to alleviate myself, but because I saw Iwa head into the men's bathroom.

-

After what felt like an eternity, Iwa finally exited one of the stalls. I pretended to shake invisible water off of my hands as he made his way to the sinks.

I waited for Iwa to look my way before starting small talk.

Iwa glanced my way.

"Who's up first for game?" I asked, weary that he was observing me.

"I think, Karsuno will be the first to go," Iwa says whilst still letting the water run over his hands, that had no more soap.

"The team with the quick duo? No way,"

Iwa takes a second and then shuts off the water, "Then it'll be Nekoma who goes first."

The hairs on my neck shoot up, partially from anger.

"Really? How come, I like to think we're one of the strongest here."

Iwa takes a paper towel and drys his hands, "It's kinda hard to win when the captain's distracted."

My heart stilled.

I stared at him for a moment, my eyes wide from the shock, before regaining my composure and walking closer to him.

Iwa was tall.

But I was taller.

I towered over him, "I'm not sure what you mean."

I knew exactly what he meant.

"Really? Oikawa said you looked like you knew exactly what you were doing when you took one of Karasuno's managers into your room last night."

"That never happened."

"Oikawa is a lot of things, an idiot at most — but a liar isn't one of them."

Iwa headed for the door but turned back around before pulling it open.

"You're my friend Kuroo. I care about you man. You know scouts are going to be surrounding us every game. One slip up on the court is an issue they're willing to overlook, but fucking a chick at a training camp is unforgivable. Get your face out of her pussy before you're out of the game."

The door shut heavily behind Iwa and I was left alone in my sorrow. I felt defeated.

Iwa was asking me to pick between two distinctively important things. A choice I didn't think I was ready to make.

Just then, Kenma walked in, "Kuroo, our match is about to start, Yaku's been looking for you, he says he going to murder you with a ball to the face if you don't hurry up."

"Okay, tell him I'll be right there."

"K."

Kenma left.

A choice I didn't think I was ready to make — but one that I had to make.

-

"Match point!"

Another game. Lost.

I could practically feel the eyes of Oikawa and Iwa searing my skin.

Maybe they were right. Maybe I was distracted.

"C'mon Kuroo, you could've picked that serve up! And that black was totally uncoordinated!"

Coach ripped me a new one for pushing Lev while we were in the air trying to block Bokuto. We didn't manage it, or rather I fucked it up which prevented us from managing it.

"I don't know what you're thinking or why you're doing this to yourself but get your head in the game. Scouts are arriving at any moment now, I cannot have you bringing down the team when the captain is supposed to be bringing them up."

"Sorry Coach. It won't happen again."

It happened again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

We tied with the fifth team of the day. Packed up. And went back to our dorms.

✌︎('ω')✌︎

"What's up with Kuroo?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

Kiyoko pointed toward Kuroo discreetly. He was being scolded by his coach and Yaku.

"I overheard Oikawa telling Iwa this morning at breakfast that Kuroo was fooling around outside of volleyball; I left before they could finish talking."

I stilled.

Had Oikawa seen us that night? Had Osamu told him?

"Ukai? You look pale, are you okay?"

I was still looking at Kuroo and wondering what the hell he was going to do now. Would he go back to calling me Hito? Would we go back to treating each other like shit, like we use to?

Knowing Kuroo, he was going to put volleyball first. I wouldn't blame him though, I understand how much the game means to him. But, I really, really like him.

Kuroo turns to look at me, almost like he felt me watching him.

Hinata who's on the court with the rest of the team playing their last match yells out, "Ukai, watch out!"

The lights go out.

✌︎('ω')✌︎
I'm writing another fic called 𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧(๑>◡<๑)