Teamwork

The beams of sunlight shined through the gaps in the curtain hitting Madara's face, causing him to stir. Madara finally gets up realizing he had to get ready as team 7 had a meeting today, a training meeting. He walked to Sasuke's room, shaking him awake. 

Madara and Sasuke aren't brothers, but cousins. However, they couldn't bare to be the only ones in their homes, without their families. Madara shook Sasuke waking him up. The two prepared rapidly, however, did not eat as they were told not to by Kakashi. 

The two left, meeting up with Naruto at his home. Then the trio rushed to the training ground. They waited and waited and waited and Kakashi was nowhere to be found. Hours passed, before a figure flickered above them, standing on a pole. 

'Hey, sorry I am late. I got lost on the path of life.' Kakashi said, peering down on the three. 

'You seem to always be lost' Naruto said, emphasizing the word 'lost' with air quotations. 

The three genins followed their sensei into an open space. It was a beautiful field, with a river flowing near by and a good amount of trees.

'All right, basically, we will be doing a test were you have to take these bells from me.' Kakashi said, blankly. The silver bells, glimmered and shone as they reflected the sun's ray. 'Oh, and one more thing, each person needs a single bell to pass.' 

The three genin shook their heads in understanding. 

However Madara noticed something and began to speak, 'Wait, but there are only two bells...' 

'Well spotted, basically only two people can pass this test. The person who doesn't has to go back to the academy...' Kakashi said, bluntly. 

The three genins looked among themselves. 

'I forfeit' Madara said, without hesitation. 'These are my brothers I am not going to be an obstacle for them...' 

'I forfeit too' Naruto said, almost immediately afterwards. 'I don't want to be in a squad, without my friends.' 

The two genins looked at Sasuke, who was still unsure. Madara knew it was because of Sasuke's desire for strength, he didn't want to be slowed down. However, Sasuke forfeited as well. 

'I have already lost a brother, I am not losing two more' Sasuke said, staring deeply into Kakashi's eyes. 

Kakashi looked at the three of the genin, taken aback by their quick decision. 'Hm, they love each other dearly from the looks of things. For them to forfeit so quickly, I have never had that experience before...' 

'You...You... PASS!' Kakashi said, taking the three genin aback. 'The whole point of this was for teamwork, but also to see how you would react to sacrificing a team mate. From the looks of things, although the stakes of this test are much less than the stakes you would typically face in the real world, I get the feeling this team is special and you will always look out for each other...' Kakashi explained. 'However, I would still like you to attempt my challenge, as I want to see your fighting ability, and your actual synergy...' Kakashi tagged on. 

Kakashi gave the genin a ten second head start, before getting ready. 

'All right, basically, this guy is way to strong for us to fight on our own. He is one of Konoha's strongest ninja. We need to work together, to get a sliver of a chance. I have a plan, so listen...' Madara said rather quickly. 

The three shinobi approached Kakashi. 

'You ready?' Kakashi asked. 

'Yep, better be prepared...' Naruto said, excited. 

Naruto crossed his fingers, generating 10 clones. These weren't regular clones but shadow clones. Naruto had learnt the jutsu from Hiruzen after he reported the abuse he was facing on the daily. Hiruzen hoped it would help him protect himself. 

The ten clones rushed at Kakashi, while Madara and Sasuke weaved hand seals. 

Madara weaved the hand seals: Tiger → Ox → Dog → Rabbit → Snake

Wind Style: Great Breakthrough

Sasuke weaved the hand seals: Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger

Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu 

The two boy's jutsus collided creating a much larger burst of fire, as Naruto stood behind them, throwing a mixture of Kunai and Shuriken, just for extra damage. 

The genin stood watching the fire burning. 

'Keep your gaurds up, we might have gotten him, but don't forget he is a jonin...' Madara said. 

Suddenly, a pair of shuriken came flying at the three, which they barely dodged. 

Kakashi stood in a tree, unharmed while a log remained in the middle of where their fireball was. It was completely burnt to the core. 

'Substitution Jutsu' Sasuke said, annoyed. 

'Cool trick' Kakashi said, impressed. 'I am happy I copied it...' he said as he pulled his head band back down. 'I already knew the fire ball jutsu but not the great breakthrough one. 

All of a sudden, Kakashi crossed his fingers, creating a shadow clone of himself. 'I'll hold back, I don't want to hurt you after all...'

Then one shadow clone performed the hand seals for the fireball jutsu: Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger

While the original performed the hand seals for the wind style: breakthrough jutsu: Tiger → Ox → Dog → Rabbit → Snake

All of a sudden, a burst of flames flew through the skies, straight at the group. 

The three genin jumped as high as they could, barely dodging the fire burst. However, Kakashi jumped towards them, punching Madara away, before using a split kick to hit Naruto and Sasuke away. 

The three genin, winced in pain but all managed to make it back to their feet. 

'Enough.' Kakashi said. 'I am quite impressed, if I am being honest. You are using jutsu far beyond your experience and working together. This team shows promise.' He says as he smiles at them. The genin could not see his mouth, due to the mask but his visible eye seemed to be smiling. 

'I am happy to be your jonin. Anyways, meet me here tomorrow. You are beginning your shinobi duties from then...' Kakashi added. 

The three genin looked at each other, obviously proud at what they managed to achieve. 

'All right, that will be all. Good bye.' Kakashi finished before disappearing once more. 

The three genin fist bumped. And once more headed to Ichiraku ramen to celebrate. It had been a good day.