Cursed Seal

Neji and Naruto were opposite each other, ready to fight.

The proctor could feel the tension in the air as both genin gave each other death stares.

'Begin!' The proctor yelled as a roar erupted from the stadium's stands.

'Come on Naruto' Madara thought in his mind. Sasuke looked as if he had the same thoughts in mind.

- Naruto has a flash back -

'Pervy sage?' Naruto called. 'There is this hyuga guy I want to beat. Any tips.'

'Whoa, what did he do to you? Never heard you speak like that about someone.' Jiraiya said.

'He hurt a friend of mine, I promised to avenge her.' Naruto said.

'A girl huh?' Jiraiya said giving a teasing look.

Naruto's face turned a bit pink. 'Just tell me how to defeat him.'

'First, I need you to understand that you should chase after revenge. It's okay to be angry but don't let it consume you. It tends to spring a cycle, what I call the cycle of hatred and it's the reason for all the suffering in our world.' The toad sage said looking serious.

Naruto had never seen Pervy sage so serious.

'What do you mean?' Naruto asked.

'If I kill you for example. Someone's going to come for me, out of love for you and their wanting for vengeance. Then someone who cares for me will retaliate. And then it goes on almost perpetually.' Jiraiya explained.

'Wow Pervy sage, I never knew you had actual wisdom. I guess you're right. I won't look for revenge, but I will still fight my hardest for my friend.' Naruto replied.

Jiraiya smiled. 'Now, let me tell you the secrets to defeating a hyuga.'

- End of flashback -

'All right. Show time' Naruto thought.

Naruto crossed his fingers bringing 3 clones of his to life.

One of the clones weaved hand signs as they other jumped in front of it.

Snake -> Ram -> Boar -> Horse -> Bird

Wind Style: Gale Palm

The clone quickly jumped putting his feet into the blast of wind, launching it into the air and behind Neji.

'NOW!' The clone thought to himself.

He threw a shuriken from above aimed for a point, a specific point, the byakugan's weak point.

Neji noticing this, turned quickly around slapping the shuriken away with a kunai and throwing the kunai straight at the clone causing it to disappear.

'So, you know of the byakugan's blind spot.' Neji called out.

'No matter, I will still destroy you anyways.'

'Why are you so arrogant?' Naruto said, crossing his fingers as 10 clones appeared around Neji.

They all charged at Neji, fist raised.

- Neji POV -

'There are 2 in front of me, 4 on my sides 2 behind me, 2 above. Now I just need to confirm my blind spot isn't being exploited. Neji looked behind him making sure.

'All right. Nothing there. Time to deal with the army of fools coming my way.'

- Out of Neji POV -

Neji had seen each of the clones. One of them threw a kunai but he dodged it easily as it got wedged into the ground. He then took out the two ones behind him with a shurikens before, backflipping over another two, kicking one in the head before off balancing and stabbing the other.

'Jeez, he is absolutely pummelling Naruto's clones.' Madara said.

'It's his eyes. The Byakugan. One of the three great dojutsu, including the sharingan and a mythical eye called the rinnengan.' Sasuke began. 'The Byakugan allows for a 360 degree view, x ray vision and the ability to see chakra including chakra points. With this ability they can use their gentle fist to shut down your chakra flow, in severe cases killing you.'

'I see. That's how he is so easily dealing with Naruto's clones...' Madara said.

————————————————————
'That's all of them.' Neji thought.

All of a sudden, a kunai lodged in the ground puffed into smoke revealing Naruto.

'Got ya now.' Naruto thought.

As Naruto neared to strike Neji. He instantly got pushed back.

'You think I didn't see you there. I could see your chakra network in that kunai. Just thought I would amuse you for a while.' Neji called out.

Naruto felt a bit of his strength with the blow.

'Is he stealing my chakra? Oh yeah, Pervy sage told me about this. The famous gentle fist.' Naruto thought. 'I need to finish this now.'

Naruto picked out a smoke bomb.

'What do you think that is going to do for you? I will save you the embarrassment, I have x-ray vision as well.' Neji called out.

'I know.' Naruto said, throwing the bomb at the ground.

Neji scoffed.

'What the... What's going on with my Byakugan. I can't see clearly in this. All around me looks like chakra. A cloud of chakra. I can't see him.' Neji said feeling blows connecting with him.

One hit his forehead taking off the headband.

'Enough!' Neji called out.

A blue orb began to rotate faster and faster, throwing the smoke away everywhere.

As the orb stopped spinning, something became obvious on Neji's forehead. A mark of some sort.

Sasuke and Madara had activated their sharingan so they could watch the battle, pick up some jutsu, anything of use.

They too noticed the mark.

Kakashi appeared behind them.

'Kakashi Sensei what is that?' Madara asked.

- Naruto POV -

'What is that?' Naruto asked Neji.

Kakashi and Neji gave the same answer .

'It is the mark belonging to members of the branch family, cast on them by members of the main family. It's called the cursed seal.'