Chapter Seven

The following morning Ryleigh woke up before Sophia and cleaned up their mess before she started on their breakfast. It wasn't long before Sophia woke up to the smell of pancakes, bacon, and freshly brewed coffee.

"Morning," Sophia said with a yawn as she took a seat at the table.

"Good morning," Ryleigh replied as she platted their food.

"Coffee or Orange Juice?" she asked Sophia.

"Coffee please," Sophia replied pouring syrup on her food.

Ryleigh filled up two mugs with steaming hot coffee and passed one to her best friend before she grabbed her stuff and took a seat next to her.

"So what's on today's agenda," Sophia asked after taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well, I want to spend today focused on you so whatever you like," Ryleigh answers.

"You don't have to do that. You have a lot going on right now with the new job, and I'm just here to relax," Sophia said.

"I know, but I want to. You're my best friend, and I don't get to see you that often. Plus, I need a break from all the chaos," Ryleigh said.

"Okay, if you insist," Sophia said with a smile.

"So, what do you want to do?" Ryleigh asked.

"I'm not sure. We could go to the beach, or maybe go shopping," Sophia said.

"I like both of those ideas," Ryleigh said. "How about we do both? We can go to the beach after breakfast, and then go shopping in the afternoon."

"That sounds perfect," Sophia said.

"Okay, then it's settled," Ryleigh said.

After breakfast, Ryleigh and Sophia got ready for the beach. They put on their swimsuits, covered themselves in sunscreen, and grabbed their towels and beach bags.

"Are you ready?" Ryleigh asked.

"Yes, let's go," Sophia said.

Ryleigh and Sophia walked hand-in-hand to the beach, their bare feet sinking into the warm sand with each step. The sun beat down on their skin, casting a golden glow over their faces. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore filled their ears, creating a symphony of nature.

"This is so beautiful," Sophia said, taking in the scenery.

"I know, right?" Ryleigh replied, her eyes sparkling with joy. "I'm so glad we decided to come here."

They spread out their towels on the sand and lay down, soaking up the sun's warmth. The salty air filled their lungs, leaving a refreshing taste on their tongues.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Ryleigh asked.

"Sure," Sophia replied, jumping to her feet.

They ran towards the water, their laughter echoing across the beach. The cool water enveloped their bodies, washing away the heat of the sun. They splashed each other playfully, their laughter mingling with the sound of the waves.

After their swim, they lay back down on their towels, feeling the warmth of the sun dry their skin.

"I'm so glad I came here with you," Sophia said, turning to look at Ryleigh.

"Me too," Ryleigh replied, smiling. "It's been a long time since we've had a chance to relax like this."

They spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach, talking, laughing, and enjoying each other's company. As the sun began to set, they packed up their things and headed back to Ryleigh's apartment.