Chapter 8

When the teenagers arrived back at the manor, Alfred greeted them at the door.

"We have a visitor, I would advise you to go to the kitchen." Alfred signalled for Maggie to head straight to the kitchen, whilst stopping Jason in his tracks as the teenage girl walked off.

"Miss Zatara's aunt Diana is here. I suggest you hold upmost respect for her master Todd."

"Diana, like Wonder Woman? That's sick!" Jason smirked at the butler as he contained a smile. Despite some of his choices, Alfred held a soft spot for the boy. The same way he does for Dick and Maggie.

---

"Who could be visiting? It's too early for my Gio to be-" Maggie cut herself off as she heard a familiar laugh trail from the kitchen.

As the girl entered the kitchen, she wanted nothing more than to run up to the tall, dark-haired woman stood by the fridge.

"AUNT DIANA!" Maggie squealed at her aunt as she tackled her from behind. Diana was wearing combat boots with black leggings and a brown cashmere knitted turtleneck.

"Hey Mag! I thought I'd come and see you before you headed off to Detroit."

"Thank you Aunt Di, I appreciate it,"

Bruce stood in the corner and stayed mostly quiet during Diana's and Maggie's time together. Occasionally giving his input but at the most leaving the two alone.

---

8:00am

Maggie arose from her bed glaring at her alarm clock. Although she had woken later than planned, it still wasn't detrimental on her flight to Detroit, although she would've appreciated more time to say goodbye.

Suddenly a knock graced Maggie's door, as she called back to them to come in.

"Miss Maggie, I just wanted to inform you that I have breakfast prepared for you in the kitchen, I have advised Master Todd to leave you some, but you've met him," Alfred chuckled before exiting the room.

The night before Maggie had prepared her outfit for leaving and left it hanging in her wardrobe. It consisted of a plain white cropped tee, black denim jeans, yellow platform converse and a black leather jacket. Casual, but stylish.

Maggie finished pulling on her clothes and styled her hair into a long plait down her back. All her bags were in Detroit already at Dick's apartment. They had left last night. All she had to do was get herself and her carry-on onto the plane.

Heading down to the kitchen to get breakfast, she could smell her favourite from a mile away. Banana and chocolate pancakes. Hopefully Jason had saved her some otherwise she might not be able to hold back.

"Good morning gorgeous," Jason smirked at the girl as she felt disgusted at his words, but despite this he continued to talk. "I have an idea,"

Although Maggie hoped and prayed he wouldn't continue with said idea, he did.

"You should give me your number so we can keep in contact," Jason winked at the girl, making her uncomfortable, but Maggie made an effort to not show it on her face.

"Uhh sure, but I'm not amazing at responding to texts," Maggie laughed lightly, glancing down at her phone which had 74 unread text messages.

During the hearty breakfast, Maggie attempted to get to know Jason more. Although she had lived with him for some time now, she only knew of his personality. As Maggie pressed for information about where he grew up, or even a middle name, the teenage boy would either avoid the question or provide an unrelated answer.