𝟎𝟑 𝐱 𝟏𝟕

03 x 17

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞

it felt like they were sitting outside meredith's room for hours. eventually, derek stood up and stretched his legs and olivia followed suit. the girl placed her body up against the wall as her legs still felt as if they were burning. her arm was aching too still and she gently twisted it to assess the damage.

the glass looked as if it was getting deeper, blood was still oozing from it but at a slower pace now. the throbbing was still evident and didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. the burns on her arms were slowly blistering and hurting when she moved.

the noise of the door to meredith's room opening pulled the girl from her inspection. she lifted her head and watched as derek rushed towards his ex-wife, eager for any news.

"tell me." he urged, the blonde girl came over to his side and gently took his hand in her own as they waited for addison to speak.

"her temp's still only 86. there's still no heart beat. we're hoping once she warms up..." the woman spoke but derek cut her off.

"i want to go in there." he orders.

"no." addison shook her head.

"there's a risk of brain damage, i need to go in and..." the man rambled.

"derek. you can't. not for meredith, not for anybody. you're in no shape." the woman sighed.

derek let out a breath of air before looking down. olivia grasped his other hand in her own and squeezed them both, making him look at her.

"she'll be okay." the woman spoke softly and she watched as tears built up in her best friends eyes.

the girl sighed before bringing him into a hug, the man hugging her back tightly, needing the comfort. mark watched the pair with a sad smile on his lips, wishing that he was still close with derek.

he watched the girl closely and admired how caring she was, she was so loving and gentle with the people she cared about. he couldn't help but admire her.

eventually, the plastic surgeon left the pair but told them he'd be back soon. olivia watched him leave, eyes admiring his tall form from behind.

the girl's eyes left the mans figure and turned back to derek. she brought him closer again and kissed his head. "she's gonna be okay der." the girl spoke, voice wavering slightly.

"yeah." he mutterd out, uncertainty laced in his voice. the girl sighed once again and the pair sat in silence for about twenty minutes before the door opened and mark re-appeared and sat back down next to the girl.

dr bailey came out and derek's head perked up but the short woman only gave the three a small, sad smile before going to talk to george, izzie and callie who were all stood waiting. derek watched on as she spoke to the three before turning around and coming back into the hallway.