Goblins & Ogres Village

Previously:

Cortana, now known as Rimuru Tempest after interacting with the powerful dragon Veldora, explored his cave.During her investigation, she encountered various monsters, learned new skills, and discovered unwelcome visitors.Leaving the cave, she received a telepathic suggestion from Veldora to seek assistance from the Ogre village.With that goal in mind, Rimuru instructed her digital companion, Azure, to scan the surrounding area for potential allies.

Back to the Present:

Azure's voice echoed in Rimuru's mind, "I've detected a group of small goblins approximately 20 kilometers away. Would you like to track their live location and navigate there?".

"Yes, let's do that," Rimuru replied. A playful glint entered her eye. "Azure," she mused, "since I can mimic the abilities of what I eat, wouldn't this be a good time to use that power?" A chuckle escaped her voice. "Haha!"

Azure's response arrived with a hint of amusement, "As you wish, Miss. You are an AI like me after all."

"Hey, come on, that's not nice!" Rimuru protested. "I'm not just any AI, you know! I was created using a real human brain."

Smiling to herself, Rimuru decided to act. "Alright, alright," she announced, transforming into the bat monster she'd recently devoured. A flurry of wings beating filled the air as she completed the transformation. (bush rustle)

"How does it look, Azure?" she asked, her voice echoing slightly due to the bat's anatomy.

"It's good, Miss." Azure responded. "Ah, I see. Your vision appears to be based on sonar. This bat creature utilizes ultrasonic sound waves to navigate its surroundings."

"Oh, that makes sense!" Rimuru exclaimed. "Hey, Azure, can I still use my magic perception in this form?"

"_"Affirmative, Miss. You wish to utilize your magic perception?"

"Yes, it seems much better than relying solely on sonar vision," Rimuru confirmed.

With renewed purpose, Rimuru launched herself into the sky, soaring over the vibrant forest canopy. Below, the forest stretched out like a vast green tapestry, a scene reminiscent of prehistoric times or perhaps a world similar to Earth back in her original universe.

Rimuru's laughter echoed through the trees. "Only five kilometers away!" she exclaimed, "We'll be there in a minute!"

Indeed, it didn't take long before she reached the location Azure had pinpointed. Below, a group of goblins huddled together, their scruffy weapons clutched tightly in their hands. Their faces were a mix of fear and awe as they looked up at the monstrous bat creature hovering above them.

Rimuru, realizing the shock she'd caused, chuckled softly, a low hum that only Azure could decipher. "Seems I've made quite an entrance," she mused. "Maybe I should have chosen a less intimidating form."

"Perhaps revealing your true form would be beneficial, Miss." Azure suggested. "These goblins appear on the verge of fleeing."

"Yeah, you're right," Rimuru conceded. With a rustle of leathery wings, she transformed back into her default slime form, descending gently towards the ground.

The goblins' eyes widened even further, fear etched into their faces. Yet, this time, their fear seemed to morph into a different kind of terror. One of them, his voice trembling, addressed the strange, gooey creature as "Strong One."

"Is there anything we can do for you?" he squeaked.

Rimuru tilted her head, her amorphous form shifting slightly. Why were they so afraid? She was just a weak slime, after all.