25. 💞

BSD REALITY

Over the next few days Dazai and I has spent way too much time playing games and lounging around the apartment. My voice was slowly coming back, I could say full sentences again, but anything more would strain my voice. Yosano had been coming over in the afternoons, just to do a quick check up and make sure I was healing.

The evening was young, especially for Dazai who had to go on a mission with Yosano and Kunikida later that evening. I did the only thing I could think of, which was inviting all of my friends over. By friends I meant the other people from the agency, and to my surprise only Ranpo, Junichiro, Kyouka, and Atsushi could make it. The others were too busy with their lame excuses, but we were bound to have fun anyway.

Dazai was dishing up dinner just as I entered the main room.
"Hey Y/N. Tonight I made some pasta!" He explained while placing the plates on the table.

"You made this?" I questioned, poking the food with my fork, "is it safe to eat?"

"Of course! How dare you say that about my food!" Dazai took a bite to show me, making a point by smiling. It didn't last long, as he was soon spitting it all out.

"Not edible?" I mocked him, a smile on my face.

"Let's just get a takeaway," he groaned, trying to flush the taste of the horrific pasta with water.

Dazai and I had decided on getting pizza for dinner, which was a lot more edible than whatever he had cooked and called 'pasta'. I could tell he was fidgeting after dinner, Kunikida and Yosano were about to arrive at any moment, but the others showed no signs of being on their way. The mission seemed to be urgent, I mean three of the best agency members were heading out for a majority of the night.

"It's fine Dazai, I can stay home alone for a bit I'm sure the others aren't far away," I said, attempting to reassure him. My voice was shaky, and slightly raspy, but at least it was getting better. He glanced back at me before staring at the front door, he looked to be calculating something.

"You're six! I read somewhere that no child under the age of fourteen should be left home alone." Dazai reading something other than his little red book? How odd...

"I can handle myself, I am an honorary agency member you see, and I just happen to be the strongest of them all!" I laughed, putting my hands on my hips to seem powerful. He looked down at me, a questioning look on his face.

My throat burnt up, and I starting continuously coughing. Dazai was instantly down on his knees so we were eye to eye. As a response to his concerning look, I gave him a thumbs up and a smile in between coughs.

"You cannot make me leave you, not until at least Atsushi is here! Oh and tonight you better keep the talking down to a minimum," He ordered. I nodded, giving in to him taking care of me.

"I'm still the best agency member," I whispered, a smirk on my face. He shook his head like a parent would when their child does something rude, but amusing.

The two of us sat down after he had given me some medicine, and we put on my favourite cartoon, which I think Dazai also seemed to favor. A knock on the door rang out through the small apartment not long after we have put the show on, but Dazai sprung up to welcome our guest.

"Kyouka! Atsushi! How lovely to see you two," He said while opening the door. They both stepped inside, giving Dazai a small smile.