Ch 10. Lucifer's Blessings

From author:

Guys, I wrote this chapter in a bit of mess, so prolly it'll be changed later. Sorry for that, summer's just really busy this time :)

* * *

Hector: Tell us about your LB's... if you have ones

After these words had left his muzzle, a dead silence filled the room. Neither Loona nor Evan had any idea of what an LB was. They remained silent until Evan asked:

Evan: *whispering* Loona, do you know what does that mean?

Loona turned to him and whispered in a confused tone:

Loona: *whispering* I have no fucking idea...

Hector's voice made them startle as its echo rushed through the room, when he spoke again:

Hector: Lucifer's Blessings

Loona: *mumbling* What the fuck...

Evan: Lucifer's what? King of Hell gives blessings?

Chelsea chuckled and replied:

Chelsea: Yeah, sounds like a complete bullshit but it's just one variant of possible LB's meaning...
Lucifer's blessing, Liar's blood and some others are the most popular ones. Frankly speaking, no one gives a shit and just calls them LBs.

Loona: Ok, we got it. So, what are LBs?

Chelsea: Let me explain it simply. LBs are something like additional abilities which a demon can have by a chance... You can call them superpowers if it's convenient for you... It's very useful to have members of the squad with LBs as they usually have superiority over common units...

Evan: Well, that sounds interesting... if only I had...

His words were interrupted by Loona:

Loona: *Mumbling* I think I understand what you're talking about...

Chelsea: That's interesting! So, you must've noticed something unusual about yourself? Can you show us what your LB is?

Loona: I... I can't control it... but I can become stronger using energy of the Moon...

Chelsea raised an eyebrow in surprise and then came up to Loona.

Chelsea: Give me your right hand.

Loona: Why?

Hector: It's part of her LB. Chelsea can "look through" your body and understand what power you have...

Evan: Is it safe?

Chelsea: Of course, of course, she won't feel anything.

Chelsea took Loona's wrist and pressed on the special area of it. Loona felt rather uncomfortable and then all of a sudden her hand started glowing purple. Lots of small lines and curves rushed through Loona's hand, starting at her wrist, forming a specific pattern.

Loona: What the fuck is that?

Chelsea: Here they are. Runes show you really have an LB... Let me read them.

She mumbled something for a couple of minutes and then said:

Chelsea: Wow, it's kinda not bad. It's called "The Moonlight Beast". You were right: You can get additional powers when creating a special bond with the Moon. If you control it properly, you'll become much stronger.

Loona tried to act surprised as if she had never known that. Actually she used Stolas' spell book to activate the power which appeared to be her LB. She couldn't control it good enough to use it without the book or to fight for a long period of time. That was the power, which Loona used that night, they fought against Victor.