Ch 8. Gotta start

It took Evan and Loona 15 minutes to arrive at her apartment. Actually, she shared one with Blitzo, as she was his adopted daughter. The flat was located on the sixth floor in the end of the corridor. Sign on the door showed number "609".

Loona took the bunch of keys and opened the door, then pushed it and went inside. Evan decided not to follow her and stayed in the corridor. He had to admit that, despite the fact IMP was having money problems, Blitzo and Loona lived in a better place than he could imagine himself. After 10 minutes or so Loona picked all she needed up and left her room. She looked through the main entrance doorframe and saw Evan, who was still outside the flat.

Loona: *thinking* What's wrong with him?

Evan noticed quite an annoyed expression on her face but thought it was somehow connected with their immediate moving. Finally, Loona took her bag with clothes and locked the flat, then put the keys back to the pocket.

Evan: So, are you ready?

She only looked at him for a while and kept coming.

Evan: *thinking* Alright, at least she doesn't scold at me.

He followed Loona out of the block of flats and along the sidewalk. Evan didn't know where their new apartment was located, so he decided to give the talk a try and coughed quietly. Loona looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

Evan: Well, listen. I don't really know where's our new place, so... How long is it before we'll arrive there?

Loona briefly took her phone and scrolled down the screen. After a pause she replied.

Loona: 20 minutes or so.

Evan: Kinda far you know

Loona: Yeah, something like that

He quickly understood Loona wasn't interested in continuing the conversation so he just decided not to bother her with any other questions and devoted his attention to the street they were walking along.

Hell had architecture which was pretty similar to any big city in the living world. The district was filled with buildings of different sizes. Evan was surprised there were no clubs or at least bars. Street itself was deserted. It was creepily quiet around.

Evan: *thinking* Such a strange area.

They left it soon and were now surrounded with Imp City's most common territory: lots of demons here and there, dozens of clubs, pubs, some restaurants and other shit. It was rather late as they left the office at about 10 pm. Evan yawned and looked at the sky. It was darker than usual but still mostly crimson. They passed by some big and very crowded place, obviously a night club.

Evan: *mumbling* Cloud 666... Seriously? What's wrong with the names here?

A couple of drunk imps were scolding at each other near the entrance until security guards threw them away with smug smiles. Evan felt uncomfortable and decided not to think about that.

* * *

A few steps more and the two hellhounds were now standing in front of the 9 stories high block of flats. Loona looked at her phone once more and said:

Loona: That's it.

Evan: Finally, I can't wait to sleep already.

Loona: As you say

Saying that she moved towards the entrance and Evan followed her as well.

* * *

They got the keys, found their flat and finally moved in. Loona started unpacking her stuff while Evan went to have a shower. Loona took herself a separated bedroom, put her clothes to the wardrobe and put her phone on charge, then plopped onto the bed and fell asleep.