Chapter 6:

You were ecstatic after getting permission to stay in a secluded room away from all the hashiras tonight.

The reason you gave Shinobu was part of it, but the reason you were so glad about this had more to do with what happened this afternoon. Though it was more likely that he'd just forget.

If Muichiro were to remember what happened and even mutter a word of it anywhere near Sanemi. God knows what kind of excuse Sanemi with come up with to use it against me and kill me for it.

He probably won't even tell the others what Muichiro said and try to kill me for it and then use it to justify himself afterward, and since Muichiro has such a shitty memory, they'd have no choice but to just believe it since they couldn't even ask him if it was true.

And he has the whole night to do so. That's why you asked for a different room tonight, from what you know, the hashiras only know the location of the room you have previously been in.

So even if he tried to come to kill you tonight, he'd first look in that other room instead of the one you were currently residing in. And you doubt he'd be quiet about it either. Which'll alarm the others.

And of course, even if it didn't alarm you, it would alarm you and give you time to prepare. Since you had better hearing than the average human thanks to your demon blood.

And Shinobu would probably already be careful of Sanemi since you hinted towards the last time he tried to kill you when you gave her the reason for your request.

So it's highly unlikely she'll tell him anything about letting you change rooms for the night. Or tell any of the hashiras at all at that. Which was a good thing.

'This is a relief. I was stressing about how she might say no the whole day.' You hummed laying the futon down on the matted floor before smoothing it out.

'Good thing I already had lunch.' You tossed your pillow at the center and spread the blanket so that it was neatly put on the bed.

You were planning on getting some sleep now so if Sanemi did enter your other room and put off the sone alarms which you're assuming Shinobu set up you'd be able to immediately prepare and still be rested.

It could also be that she never set up any alarms, but knowing Shinobu and the responsible person she was. She probably did set up at least one, and that's all you needed.

'Alright, though I hope that pretty boy won't say anything in the first place. Even if he does, I should be fine.' You reassured as you grabbed your comb and began brushing your H/l H/c hair.

But just as you were convinced that you would be able to have a peaceful night without any disturbances you wouldn't be prepared for or at least a peaceful, simple, nap.

The door to your room suddenly slid open, instantly drawing your attention to it.

And the next moment, you saw your whole revolution of having a peaceful night crumble to pieces and fall apart in seconds.

Why? And right after she agreed to let me stay away from the hashiras?

'Why would she bring Misturi and Rengoku here?! For what reason?!'

You internally sobbed in despair as Shinobu stood in the doorway with the said hashiras right beside her.

"... You- ... I- ..." Next thing you knew you had already grabbed your pillow and were screaming curses in it in the closet.

Which was a totally normal reaction to this kind of situation. If you couldn't find peace in the room, you were going to find it in the closet.

That was your conclusion. That was also, impossible. Cause you needed air, the closet smelled very musty and old.