Chapter 12:

"It's been a while! How have you been?" The man asked with a bright smile on his face, but Mitsuri didn't seem very pleased to see him regardless.

"Yeah...! I've been doing well, I'm a demon slayer now..." Mitsuri responded avoiding eye contact while still trying to seem optimistic.

"So you found something to do with that strength of yours? That's great! Though it doesn't seem like you were able to do much about your hair." The man said with a laugh.

You couldn't tell if he was being genuine or mocking her right now.

Whichever it was, it was annoying you and Mitsuri didn't seem to appreciate it all that much either. So you were of course gonna help her out here.

"Mitsuri, I'm hungry. Let's go." You tugged on Mitsuri's sleeve as she immediately turned her attention to you.

"Oh! Looks like we'll have to go now! Sorry! " Mitsuri exclaimed as she took your hand and turned away from the man who then suddenly began snickering.

"Looks like you weren't able to do much about that diet of yours either." The man called out causing Mitsuri to freeze up again.

"..." Mitsuri ignored the man's comment as she continued walking but Obanai was already marching back towards the man, preparing to punch him.

But was held back by Tengen since he had already beat up a few guys two days ago for trying to peek at Mitsuri's boobs and would be punished if he attacked anymore civilians.

So you decided to do it for him. Indirectly since Sanemi would immediately decapitate you if you punched him yourself.

Even though you want to.

"Hey, Inosuke. Want some tempura?" You questioned while keeping your gaze on the man.

"HELL YEAH!" Inosuke exclaimed while throwing his hands into the air in celebration.

"Then punch him." You pointed at the man as all the other hashiras snapped their heads towards you and Inosuke.

"OKAY!" Inosuke was already gone by the time they had turned to you as he leaped into the air in front of the man and uppercut him straight in the jaw.

"..." The man fell to the floor, foaming from the mouth as you high-fived Inosuke.

"What the fu-" "SCATTER!!!" Zenitsu screeched cutting Sanemi off as Shinobu grabbed Kiyo and Naho while tossing Sumi to Giyuu since he was the closest to her.

"Wait! Grab someone else first or you'll get lost alone- AGH!" Inosuke snatched Aoi by the waist and tossed her over his shoulder.

"TEMPURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Inosuke yelled as he ran off to some other corner of the festival with Aoi while Obanai took Mitsuri and ran in the same direction.

You heeded Aoi's advice knowing full well that you had the direction sense of a jelly fish and grabbed the person nearest to you before also fledding.

.....

"Haa... Okay, I think this is far enough-..." You panted as you turned back to see who you had grabbed, only to see, Muichiro.

This was no better than running away alone.

"... Great. I grabbed a goldfish while having a horrible sense of direction myself. Fuck." You sighed turning away from the goldfish while wiping the sweat off your face.

"Let go." Muichiro suddenly spoke up as you raised a brow at him.

"My hand. Let go." Muichiro clarified as you gasp and instantly tossed his hand away.