Chapter 2.49 (Infirmary 2) - 2.50(Practical)

CHAPTER 2.49

Kleo furrowed his brow as he looked at Hiroka, who was lying in the infirmary bed, pale and exhausted. "So that's what happened," Kleo said, his voice tinged with concern. "Are you alright now?"

Hiroka nodded weakly, a grimace crossing his face. "I'll be fine," he replied, trying to reassure his friend. "I just pushed myself too hard during practice with Riku."

Sheln, who was standing by her brother's side, placed a gentle hand on Hiroka's arm. "You need to take better care of yourself, Hiroka," she said softly. "You can't keep overextending yourself like this."

Hiroka nodded in agreement, a sense of relief washing over him at the thought of his friends looking out for him.

Hiroka shifted slightly in the bed, trying to divert the conversation. "Why are you two arguing? And why are you both in the infirmary?"

Kleo and Sheln exchanged guilty glances before Kleo spoke up. "It's... it's nothing," he muttered, avoiding Hiroka's gaze. "Just a dumb argument about a piece of art Sheln made on the club she joined. I accidentally knocked it over, and she got upset."

Sheln huffed, folding her arms across her chest. "It wasn't 'just a piece of art,' Kleo," she retorted, her voice filled with irritation. "It was something I put my heart and soul into, and you ruined it."

" R-right..so this happened, " Kleo explained the situation.

It turnes out that Sheln's frustration and anger at her brother's carelessness grew, leading to a heated exchange of words that quickly spiraled out of control.

In the heat of the moment, Kleo tried to defuse the situation by apologizing, but Sheln was too upset to listen. She stormed off, her emotions running high, and in her haste, she accidentally tripped and fell, injuring herself.

Kleo, feeling guilty for causing his sister distress and concerned for her well-being, rushed to her side to help. Together, they made their way to the infirmary, where Sheln was treated for her injuries.

Hiroka looked down at Sheln's feet and asked, "Are you alright now?"

"Thanks for worrying, Hiroka. I'm fine," Sheln said.

"It's all thanks to Mei here. She's a very good temporary nurse," Kleo praised as he looked towards Mei, who seemed shy at the comment.

"I'm just doing my job as a temporary nurse," Mei explained, smiling gratefully at Kleo's compliment.

Hiroka observed from his bed while Kleo and his sister chatted with Mei. As he noticed Mei. She has yellow eyes and brown hair. Hiroka believes he saw her somewhere but is unsure where.

Riku leaned down and whispered, "She's our classmate."

Hiroka turned to face at Riku. He seemed to have perfectly read his thinking.

"I've never seen her before."

"She's always at the back. She's not that talkative in class and the others."

"I see," Hiroka says as he observed Mei closely, noticing how her eyes sparkled with genuine warmth and kindness as she interacted with Kleo and his sister. There was something about Mei's gentle demeanor that put them at ease.

"Hiroka, you should rest up," Riku says, pulling the blanket over him.

Hiroka hummed to him, and his sleepiness gave in, causing him to close his eyes.

Noticing that Hiroka had already fallen asleep. Kleo and Sheln excused themselves first and left. That was also the moment when the nurse returned. Thanking Mei, for looking out for the Infirmary.