Chapter 2.57 (Passed 2) - 2.58 (Decisions and Loyalties)

CHAPTER 2.57

The room erupted into stunned silence. The students exchanged bewildered looks, unable to comprehend what they were hearing.

How could they all have passed when the test was meant to be rigorous and eliminate weaker candidates?

Professor Keda clarified, "The purpose of the practical exam was not to defeat me or even to scratch me.
It was to push you to your limits and see how you would apply your abilities in a controlled scenario.
I needed to see your potential, not just your ability to win a fight."

Realization dawned on the students' faces. The anxiety and tension that had gripped them since the test suddenly lifted, replaced by a mix of relief and newfound confidence.

As Professor Keda continued to explain the finer points of their performance and what they could improve, the classroom buzzed with renewed energy.

The students, now assured of their abilities, eagerly absorbed his feedback and discussed their plans for the future.

"Now then, within the next four weeks, there will be an upcoming Competition of Magic and Sword," Professor Keda announced, his voice cutting through the murmurs that had begun to fill the classroom.

The students, still buzzing with the revelation of their unexpected success in the practical exam, turned their attention back to Professor Keda with renewed interest.

"A Competition of Magic and Sword?" Yui exclaimed, her eyes widening with excitement. "That sounds amazing!"

Professor Keda continued, his tone serious yet encouraging. "This competition will bring together talented individuals from first years to third years."

He paused for a moment, allowing his words to sink in. "The winner of this competition will not only earn recognition and respect but also receive a token granting entry to the royal celebration within the palace."

Gasps and whispers rippled through the classroom at the mention of the royal celebration. To meet the King and the Crown Prince in person was a rare honor, one that few ever experienced.

But, of course, some have already met the crown prince, who is currently in his third year at the academy.

What was even more amazing was that they were able to enter the palace for the first time. This is a dream come true!

"The competition consists of one-on-one duels with the student," Professor Keda revealed.

"The Competition of Magic and Sword is divided into two main categories: the Path of Sword and the Path of Magic.

In the Path of the Sword, participants will show off their talent, strategy, and combat expertise.

Competitors in the Path of Magic will display adaptability and quick thinking with their magic."

A wave of excitement and apprehension washed over the students as they considered the challenges ahead. Hiroka and Riku exchanged glances.

Professor Keda cleared his throat, bringing everyone's attention back to him.

"I have reviewed your performance in the practical exam. Based on your potential and capabilities, I have chosen four students from this class to represent us in the competition."

The room fell silent, every student holding their breath.

"Those students are: Hiroka Isamu, Mei Gin, Riku Touma, and Yui Hotaru."

The listed students exchanged astonished looks.

Hiroka was taken aback, so as Mei. Riku remained impassive, with a glint of resolve in his eyes. Yui, on the other hand, was beaming with enthusiasm.